ESPN: Cowboys fall from top spot to 4th

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I'll just leave this here...

Cowboys fall from top spot to 4th
Updated: October 14, 2014, 5:18 PM ET
By Jeff Legwold | ESPN.com

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- The Denver Broncos, with a Hall of Fame quarterback calling the shots as the team's top football executive and a future Hall of Famer behind center in Peyton Manning, are the new America's Team.

That's according to The Harris Poll, which surveyed 2,543 adults (1,275 of whom said they followed professional football). The nationwide poll was taken from Sept. 10-17.

The Broncos replaced the Dallas Cowboys, who had finished in The Harris Poll's top spot for each of the previous six years as the "favorite team" of adults who follow professional football. The New York Giants finished as the No. 2 team with the Green Bay Packers at No. 3, the Cowboys at No. 4 and Pittsburgh Steelers at No. 5.

The Seattle Seahawks, who routed the Broncos 43-8 in Super Bowl XLVIII this past February, came in at No. 6. The San Francisco 49ers, New England Patriots, Chicago Bears and New Orleans Saints rounded out the top 10.

Earlier this season, Broncos coach John Fox said, "I think when you coach here or play here, you kind of realize the reach of the team. You always knew this was a tough place to play if you've ever had to compete here in a game, but the reach is something you see when you're around it every day."

The Broncos are currently 4-1, with Manning poised to break Brett Favre's NFL mark for career touchdown passes (508). Manning has thrown 506 touchdown passes in his career.

The Broncos have the NFL's second-longest home sellout streak -- trailing only the Washington Redskins. The Broncos have sold out every home game since the start of the 1970 season.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Fine with me. Don't give a shit.

data

Forbes #1
Does any sports writer have the balls then to refer to Denver as America's Team then?

hell, I might just start posting on the author's twitter about how America's Team won't win the West.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I wonder how long ago this data was compiled because I'd say right now the results could vary...particularly taking down a team like Seattle. The Cowboys are a real blue collar team and are very easy to like.

kidd

DCC 4Life
I wonder how long ago this data was compiled because I'd say right now the results could vary...particularly taking down a team like Seattle. The Cowboys are a real blue collar team and are very easy to like.
Good point. I got on Facebook this morning and saw people who I did even know watched football posting Cowboys images.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Good point, but I was really kind of hoping for a Yucatan Potato Salad dump on the thread.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Good point, but I was really kind of hoping for a Yucatan Potato Salad dump on the thread.
That is about what it deserves.

Honestly, I don't give a shit if someone likes the Cowboys or not.

In fact, I prefer it when they don't.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
According to the article the poll was taken in September.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
These polls are ignorant, anyway. What's that? They polled 2500 people, and less than half of them actually watch football? Now there's an accurate look at something if I've ever seen one.

data

Forbes #1
This article doesn't explain the far-reaching ramifications. Are the cheerleaders stilled considered 'Americas Sweethearts' or does that transfer to the Broncos?

Is staubach now 'captain dallas' instead of America?

this shit spreads like Ebola. Where does it end?

Top Bottom