Draft Weekend Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
You can't twist the knife in Iamtdg like I can. I ram it deep and finish strong.
I get some good PMs over at the DCU.

But they're more of the homicidal anger variety.

:lol

dallen

Senior Tech
I have an entire pitcher of water ready

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
There are so many players that can be drafted or passed on at 16 that an epic meltdown by someone is bound to happen tonight. :towel
i was just thinking the same thing. It's either one person has an epic meltdown or the whole board goes completely ape shit and we start the "It has to start somewhere" thread again :lol

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
If we take a QB other then Manziel I think it is Garoppolo or Murray. Of course if we wait until the seventh round there is a whole list of shitty QB we may consider.
I haven't been invested in this draft stuff until the past week or so but my gut feeling is that Jerry is talked out of Manziel (if he's even an option), trades back and picks up an extra 3rd, and takes Garoppolo in the 2nd as a consolation prize/pacifier. It just seems to me like something Jerry would do. He could sell the guy as Romo part 2, even if they have nothing in common except for the position they play and the college they played for (there may be more similarities, I don't know). Could be flat out wrong, I don't know.

I'm not sure how excited he would expect people to be about a potential Romo part 2 though.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
there may be more similarities, I don't know
He actually has a very quick release sort of like Romo as well. Neither guy has a cannon but they have enough arm strength to get the job done. They aren't that different of QBs except Garoppolo isn't the improviser that Romo is. Garoppolo won't make some of those crazy plays that Romo does but most QBs don't.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I haven't been invested in this draft stuff until the past week or so but my gut feeling is that Jerry is talked out of Manziel (if he's even an option), trades back and picks up an extra 3rd, and takes Garoppolo in the 2nd as a consolation prize/pacifier. It just seems to me like something Jerry would do. He could sell the guy as Romo part 2, even if they have nothing in common except for the position they play and the college they played for (there may be more similarities, I don't know). Could be flat out wrong, I don't know.

I'm not sure how excited he would expect people to be about a potential Romo part 2 though.
I think I could live with Garopollo.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
You can't twist the knife in Iamtdg like I can. I ram it deep and finish strong.
Please disregard my previous post.

:tippytoe

Cotton

Staff member
i was just thinking the same thing. It's either one person has an epic meltdown or the whole board goes completely ape shit and we start the "It has to start somewhere" thread again :lol
:towel

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
So who do you think will shock everyone and make an appearance in the first round? I say Garopollo. Somebody trades up late to take him and to get that 5th year option. The Patriots will probably be the beneficiary of another trade down/ next years 1st.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Tornados are striking DFW.

The draft gods are angry with Jerry.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
NFL Radio just reported that the Texans just made a trade with the Patriots for Ryan Mallet. No terms released.

data

Forbes #1
I expect some FLattys being handed out tonight. Debacel will abound!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom