2013 NFL Draft Chatter Thread--25-27 Apr

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
It was 900-820.

900 for 18 and 600 and 220 for 31 and 74.
This is what I was talking about when trading down. Everyone knows the value in this draft is in rounds 2 and 3 so the value of pick 74 is more than 820.

If Geno Smith is still available at 31 then Dallas might get real value in a trade down because of that 5 year rule for 1st round picks vs 4 years for 2nd rounders.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
Sly Williams is still very much possible at 31. I wont be too mad if we still address a glaring need with a guy like him. Hell, Eddie Lacy wouldnt be too bad either

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Look at this trade and look at what we gave up for Claiborne.

To be fair, it's not so much about how many spots you move up as where. There's a big difference between moving to 18 and moving to top 5 like the Dolphins this year or top 10 like we did last year.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is what I was talking about when trading down. Everyone knows the value in this draft is in rounds 2 and 3 so the value of pick 74 is more than 820.

If Geno Smith is still available at 31 then Dallas might get real value in a trade down because of that 5 year rule for 1st round picks vs 4 years for 2nd rounders.
The draft chart is a guideline it isn't a rule. In any given year the value of those points should be different based on the talent distribution of a draft. I still think we should have gotten a late second but so be it. I wanted nothing to do with Floyd personally. He would be ok at 31 though.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
To be fair, that could be a prime spot to steal more picks.

Which we really need. Let's face it... once Warmack, Cooper and Richardson were gone, it was down to leftovers anyway. Cutting bait and turning this into a quantity draft could be a good idea.

I kind of agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom