Cowboys go to silent count because of opponent crowd noise ... in Dallas

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I don't disagree by any means Booze. I know the game that is being played by Jones and it pisses me off because of all his empty rhetoric about wanting to field a winner. He doesn't care nearly as much about winning as he does his bottom line.
Something you left out of the equation is that he has to pay for this stadium. Prices's s are higher because the arena is supersized for multifaceted events. There's more to all this than just selling football tickets.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Something you left out of the equation is that he has to pay for this stadium. Prices's s are higher because the arena is supersized for multifaceted events. There's more to all this than just selling football tickets.
Maybe he should have built a football stadium that was geared towards oh, I don't know... A football team?

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member

Jerry? Is that you?

:unsure

BipolarFuk

Demoted
:lol

The thing is already paid for according to that big long article on teh Jer for ESPN.

Somehow, I doubt the prices will come down anytime soon.

He doesn't care if the stadium is half full or entirely full of opposing fans as long as he can still stuff $100 bills into stripper's g strings and keep chugging Jonnie Walker Blue.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Maybe he should have built a football stadium that was geared towards oh, I don't know... A football team?
Maybe he should have but he built an events center extraordinaire. It's a one of a kind showplace in the NFL. That's just Jones. Don't ever expect him to be conventional or ordinary.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Maybe he should have but he built an events center extraordinaire. It's a one of a kind showplace in the NFL. That's just Jones. Don't ever expect him to be conventional or ordinary.
...or to put winning over $$$$.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Ok, but you can't blame the fans for not going to it when it's geared more toward being a place you want to see once vs a great football atmosphere

superpunk

Banned
the fact is texas is becoming more like places like california and florida - there are transplants from all over. yeah cleveland packs their stadium with home fans because who the fuck is moving to cleveland.

it has little to do with the stadium. the fans in texas have never been good (as good of a football state as it is it is filled with bad fans, and they will NEVER be anywhere near as good as northeast fans) and there is tons of interest from transplants in seeing one game. plus, going to games kind of sucks ass - your couch with your beer on an HD tv is pretty great.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Ok, but you can't blame the fans for not going to it when it's geared more toward being a place you want to see once vs a great football atmosphere
Then if you can't blame the seat holder for selling the seat I guess it's no one's fault.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
the fact is texas is becoming more like places like california and florida - there are transplants from all over. yeah cleveland packs their stadium with home fans because who the fuck is moving to cleveland.

it has little to do with the stadium. the fans in texas have never been good (as good of a football state as it is it is filled with bad fans, and they will NEVER be anywhere near as good as northeast fans) and there is tons of interest from transplants in seeing one game. plus, going to games kind of sucks ass - your couch with your beer on an HD tv is pretty great.
Ever been to a game in Texas?

superpunk

Banned
you can't possibly think that has anything to do with fans ability to get loud or fill the stadium with themselves

Dallas has shitty hometown fans, it has plenty of transplants, and tickets are expensive. eventually this will be the entire NFL outside of shitholes like cleveland and buffalo. they're complaining about the same thing at SF's new field. it just makes sense for transplants to see one game. hopefully our fans will hold on to their divisional tickets at least.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
you can't possibly think that has anything to do with fans ability to get loud or fill the stadium with themselves

Dallas has shitty hometown fans, it has plenty of transplants, and tickets are expensive. eventually this will be the entire NFL outside of shitholes like cleveland and buffalo. they're complaining about the same thing at SF's new field. it just makes sense for transplants to see one game. hopefully our fans will hold on to their divisional tickets at least.
The tickets are expensive because the owner built the stadium without considering football matters. The biggest frustration he had with Texas Stadium was that it was hard to attract other events, like a Super Bowl, college bowl games, concerts and the like.

Sorry, can't blame the fans for that. All Jones did is make a lukewarm fanbase even more tepid and corporate.

Ultimately, his desire to make a venue for himself as opposed to a football stadium has us to this point.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I'd assume it's a combination of factors, not least of which is three straight 8-8 seasons. A lot of these tickets were probably sold in the preseason.

But demographics and price probably do have something to do with it. I bet a lot of foreign fans, mixed with the increasing ticket prices, makes this happen as well.

Think about it.... 49ers fan.... you have to pay $630 for your family of four to go to a game, and it's a one-time thing. You won't get this chance for another couple years. If you're a Texans fan, at least not another 4 years, if not 8.

You're gonna splurge. $630 isn't unreasonable for that experience once every half decade.

If you are a Cowboys fan, you are paying $630 a week. That wears on you when it's the #1 highest price in the league.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It's just blindness and hate centered bias to try to blame Jones for ticket holders selling their seats. You might as well blame him for you car getting a flat on the way to the game.

superpunk

Banned
what new stadium doesnt have prices though

we have the coolest fucking stadium in maybe the entire world. definitely america. if you have a big event you want it there. idk, that's pretty rad to me.

maybe our ticket holders should be responsible and buy what they can afford rather than trying to flip for a profit, or sell only to other cowboys fans. but nah wouldnt want them to foot any responsibility huh

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
we have the coolest fucking stadium in maybe the entire world. definitely america. if you have a big event you want it there. idk, that's pretty rad to me.
Who gives a shit if there are concerts and bowl games there, besides the guy pocketing the profits and drooling idiots?

I'd rather play our home games in an abandoned lot if it gave us an actual home field advantage.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
It's just blindness and hate centered bias to try to blame Jones for ticket holders selling their seats. You might as well blame him for you car getting a flat on the way to the game.
Yes clearly this man has nothing to do with fans becoming apathetic

Top Bottom