Phil Costa retires...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I posted this in the Cowboys related tweets thread, but decided it could use it's own thread. He was but 26.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
From what I understand he gets to keep his 450k signing bonus. So, basically, he took the Colts for half a mill. :lol

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Does he have something physically wrong with him?

p1_

DCC 4Life
What took him so damned long? Thief.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Don't you have to repay SB money when you retire, like Barry Sanders did?
I don't know the exact rules, but a couple articles I've read here says he doesn't have to repay it.

So I'm guessing there's a loophole somewhere.

Cowboysrule122

Brand New Member
I gotta laugh because a lot of morons at the zone said he was going to be our starting center for years. How'd that workout?

p1_

DCC 4Life
Former Dallas Cowboys center Phil Costa explains why he’s retiring from the NFL at only 26
By Brandon George / Reporter
bgeorge@dallasnews.com
8:51 am on April 22, 2014 | Permalink

Former Dallas Cowboys center Phil Costa surprised everyone Monday by retiring from the NFL at only 26 years old.

On Tuesday morning, Costa released a statement via his agent explaining his decision to retire after just signing a two-year contract last month with the Indianapolis Colts.

“Unfortunately, the day-to-day physical rigor of the NFL season has taken a toll on my body and has been a driving force behind my decision,” Costa said in his statement.

Costa, who started all 16 games in 2011 for the Cowboys, played in only three games each of the previous two years. A dislocated ankle caused him to miss the majority of the 2012 season.

Costa also thanked the Cowboys, Colts, his coaches, teammates, family, friends and the fans for all of their support throughout his career.

“As I look forward to the next chapter of my life, I will always be grateful for the opportunity to have played in the league,” Costa said.

Last edited:
Top Bottom