Tyron

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Beast.

superpunk

Banned
it's a goddam judo throw

you know he was just waiting to pull that off. he knew he was doing it the whole way

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
it's a goddam judo throw

you know he was just waiting to pull that off. he knew he was doing it the whole way
To be fair, the only reason why he's becoming the most dominant OT in the league is because he wears Pat McQuistan's jersey number. The power and aura of the Baby Eater cannot be refuted.

And if someone disagrees, well, fuck you. Just...fuck you.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Free with the pancake as well, I know this is crazy talk but I would be open to bringing him back at 3 mill a year for 3 years.There is something to be said for keeping this chemistry together.

I would still draft a guy to push and replace if he falls off.

Carp

DCC 4Life
The weird thing about Free is that he is a better run blocker than pass blocker. When he came out they talked about his freakish athleticism, which translates more to pass blocking than run blocking.

superpunk

Banned
all of the blocks are good on that play

speaking of people you weren't expecting it from, look at Hanna washing his man down

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Free with the pancake as well, I know this is crazy talk but I would be open to bringing him back at 3 mill a year for 3 years.There is something to be said for keeping this chemistry together.

I would still draft a guy to push and replace if he falls off.
I'd take Free back. The FA market for OTs kinda sucks and I don't want to be forced to move Martin or force a premium pick.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd take Free back. The FA market for OTs kinda sucks and I don't want to be forced to move Martin or force a premium pick.
I totally agree, especially since we wouldn't be forced to then use a premium pick on the position. I get that we could do better then Free. However when the rest of your starting 5 are as good as ours currently are, I don't think Doug Free's play is going to push the needle much one way or the other. That also include Leary who has been straight beast mode lately.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I totally agree, especially since we wouldn't be forced to then use a premium pick on the position. I get that we could do better then Free. However when the rest of your starting 5 are as good as ours currently are, I don't think Doug Free's play is going to push the needle much one way or the other. That also include Leary who has been straight beast mode lately.
Not saying we shouldn't draft OL at all, but a 3rd or a 4th on a solid big school prospect would be as far as I'd likely go.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Not saying we shouldn't draft OL at all, but a 3rd or a 4th on a solid big school prospect would be as far as I'd likely go.
I agree, you should always draft DL/OL. Injuries and age can hit unexpectedly...

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
I agree, you should always draft DL/OL. Injuries and age can hit unexpectedly...
You draft o-line and d-line early and often every year. Skill position guys and DBs don't mean shit without solid lines.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Good example, Denver picked up Michael Schofield in the third last year. I don't know much about the guy but he seems to have been picked about where he was supposed to go. A guy like that could be the Swing T/future RT and allow us to move on from Parnell

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Smith, Fredrick, and Martin I believe have raised the play and attitude of Free.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
You draft o-line and d-line early and often every year. Skill position guys and DBs don't mean shit without solid lines.
The reverse is also true. The Seahawks are nowhere without Marshawn Lynch and Russell Wilson, Percy Harvin repeatedly broke the Broncos' backs in the Superbowl, and Richard Sherman got them past San Francisco.

You must have both.

The Cowboys' GM almost completely ignored both lines for years, hence our overreaction the other way, but other teams would kill for guys like Romo, Murray, and Dez.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I still think Martin ends up our RT.

And yeah we can grab another OG in the 2nd-4th range.

D

Deuce

Good example, Denver picked up Michael Schofield in the third last year. I don't know much about the guy but he seems to have been picked about where he was supposed to go. A guy like that could be the Swing T/future RT and allow us to move on from Parnell
Martin could be our RT. Just take the best OL you can and plug him in the hole.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Martin could be our RT. Just take the best OL you can and plug him in the hole.
I like Martin at OG. I'd rather keep Free and let Martin be an All-Pro at RG than force him to OT and replace him with Bernadeau/draft pick.

Top Bottom