Draft Chatter Thread...

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Johnny Manziel was in that Pic and who cares?????

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Well, if you're truly a man of your word and not just regurgitating boring and over played rhetoric, I hope we do trade up for him.

I fucking hate cats.
I will I promise, I'll even throw the remains to my ever growing mastiff

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Dominique Easley says he’ll be ready for OTAs

Posted by Darin Gantt on April 17, 2014, 2:45 PM EDT

After his workout for NFL teams Thursday, Florida defensive tackle Dominique Easley said his knee was “about 80 percent” and that he’d be ready to minicamp practices this spring.

His coach is 100 percent sure he’ll make some team very happy.

According to Jeff Barlis of ESPN.com, Easley worked out for 17 teams Thursday, showing them he was largely recovered from his second ACL tear from last September.

The fact he’s torn both ACLs will drop his draft stock, but he could still be a second-rounder. Many think his ability to rush from inside could push him even higher.

He said he’ll start seven straight days of visits to teams starting Sunday.

“I felt real good out there,” Easley said. “I wanted to show them that I can move, that I still have the quickness, I still have my get-off and my tenacity in everything that I do.”

Easley has plenty of experience rehabbing, after tearing his left ACL in 2011 and then the right one last fall.

“He was very impressive,” Florida coach Will Muschamp said. “The [NFL scouts] all commented you could see what he does on tape in the workout. His competitive edge is one of his greatest talents.

“I think he’s got a great ceiling. . . .He would have been [a sure first-round pick]. It’s unfortunate, but his best football is ahead of him. I know one thing: Nobody is going to work harder than him to get it done. He’s got a great work ethic. He’s got a great competitive edge. All the intangibles are there.”

Imagine that. An SEC coach saying one of his star players has a good work ethic. Interesting concept.

Carl

RIP Brother
I have said this before. I would not take Barr at 16. Don't trust him. He totally disappeared in a couple of UCLA games I watched. Not sure what his skill set is.

The best prospect in the PAC 12 remains WR Lee. To me he is better than Watkins or Evans. I think he is an elite player. He has better acceleration out of his routes than anyone else in this draft. Gets more separation quicker, runs better routes; great radius and hustles non stop on every play.

QB's I distrust. All of them, but especially Derek Carr; he is horrible under pressure. I'd look at a QB in round 3-4 maybe; but not in round 1 this year.

There are a ton of good WR's this, but of the 2nd round talents I like, Adams is still top. Down the road, he looks like a #1.

Don't know much about the lines, though, Filo is interesting in second.

Just please no DE at 16, there is no one. Actually other than the Clemson person, I wouldn't touch a DE in first. If Donald is gone, same thing with DT's.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Lee is good but if you think he's better than Watkins you must have not seen Watkins play much. I could see him as the 3rd best prospect but I'd take both Watkins and Evans over him, probably Cooks as well and perhaps even Beckham.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I have said this before. I would not take Barr at 16. Don't trust him. He totally disappeared in a couple of UCLA games I watched. Not sure what his skill set is.

The best prospect in the PAC 12 remains WR Lee. To me he is better than Watkins or Evans. I think he is an elite player. He has better acceleration out of his routes than anyone else in this draft. Gets more separation quicker, runs better routes; great radius and hustles non stop on every play.

QB's I distrust. All of them, but especially Derek Carr; he is horrible under pressure. I'd look at a QB in round 3-4 maybe; but not in round 1 this year.

There are a ton of good WR's this, but of the 2nd round talents I like, Adams is still top. Down the road, he looks like a #1.

Don't know much about the lines, though, Filo is interesting in second.

Just please no DE at 16, there is no one. Actually other than the Clemson person, I wouldn't touch a DE in first. If Donald is gone, same thing with DT's.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I am starting to look at the #26 from Clev...they go Watkins, Mack, or Clowney at 4 and move up to 16 to get Carr.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
I think I like Easley as a better prospect than Shariff Floyd last year. He's absurdly disruptive in the backfield in the highlights, only problem is his previous injuries. Seems like a standard second round pick we make, and I'd be fine with it

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I think I like Easley as a better prospect than Shariff Floyd last year. He's absurdly disruptive in the backfield in the highlights, only problem is his previous injuries. Seems like a standard second round pick we make, and I'd be fine with it
He won't be there in the 2nd, I'd guess.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
What do we get for making that move?
A late 2nd-early 3rd usually but going by our new super-secret trade value chart probably a 4th

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
No. When Jerry gets robbed he's usually overpaying for something he's fallen in love with, like an overrated WR. The trade down last year was for a high third, not a fourth. I don't know why you'd expect him to take less when he JUST negotiated for exactly what [MENTION=141]jsmith6919[/MENTION] said we should get for that trade down.

He got good trade value (a second and a future first) for first round picks in the past. Sometimes he has traded away from players we should have picked, but he didn't get robbed in the trades.

Last edited:

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
No. When Jerry gets robbed he's usually overpaying for something he's fallen in love with, like an overrated WR. The trade down last year was for a high third, not a fourth. I don't know why you'd expect him to take less when he JUST negotiated for exactly what [MENTION=141]jsmith6919[/MENTION] said we should get for that trade down.
We wouldn't be trading down as far as last year hence the 4th instead of a 3rd( though I do think we get better value this year if we trade down, if nothing else Jerry is reactionary)

Top Bottom