2013 NFL Draft: Seven-round mock forecasts every pick, 1 to 254, Josh Norris

GShock

DCC 4Life
The first 2 picks are very strong.

Give me Travis Frederick in the 3rd, Barrett Jones in the 4th, Stepfan Taylor in the 5th and AJ Klein in the 6th and you have the best draft since 2005.
Jones over Schwenke?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The first 2 picks are very strong.

Give me Travis Frederick in the 3rd, Barrett Jones in the 4th, Stepfan Taylor in the 5th and AJ Klein in the 6th and you have the best draft since 2005.
It's a little odd going back to back centers in the third and fourth round but Frederick has plenty of size and strength to kick out to guard and in fact played there in college some. Barrett Jones strength worries me but he probably has enough functional strength to be a dependable center.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would take Barrett Jones over Schwenke, yes.
I'm not that high on Barrett Jones but he would be a fine fourth round pick. I think I would prefer Schwenke but in all honesty I have not watched much of Schwenke at California. I did watch and pay attention to Barrett Jones and that's why I am not super high on him. Just saw him getting driven backwards way too often. It's funny even the game where Alabama basically road graded Notre Dame Barrett Jones was getting knocked backwards (Granted they have a pretty good NT) it's just that the rest of the run blocking at Alabama was so disgustingly good that it didn't matter.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
It's a little odd going back to back centers in the third and fourth round but Frederick has plenty of size and strength to kick out to guard and in fact played there in college some. Barrett Jones strength worries me but he probably has enough functional strength to be a dependable center.
Yea that's exactly what I was thinking with Frederick at OG.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Based on who is available in this mock I'd go with:

Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri
Larry Warford, OG, Kentucky
Alex Okafor, DE, Texas
Khaseem Greene, OLB, Rutgers
Barrett Jones, C, Alabama
Jawan Jamison, RB, Rutgers

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Alex Okafor, DE, Texas
I don't even particularly want a LBer but I'd probably go straight retarded if we got Khaseem Greene in the fourth round. Only downside I see to your mock is no safety. Dallas would need to scramble to sign someone on the free agent market but that could probably be done.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I don't even particularly want a LBer but I'd probably go straight retarded if we got Khaseem Greene in the fourth round. Only downside I see to your mock is no safety. Dallas would need to scramble to sign someone on the free agent market but that could probably be done.
Sign Kerry Rhodes :gay after the draft. Corey Lynch is another guy I'd take a look at. Or we could always bring in Ronde Barber to play FS.

I don't see rookies as the way to fill immediate needs. They don't always catch in and play well enough to start right away anyhow.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
Khaseem Green should be gone in the second. If he's available even in the third and we pass over him I'll be pissed

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
also, how is Barrett Jones available in the 5th? This is garbage, he will be drafted by the end of the third without a doubt.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Khaseem Green should be gone in the second. If he's available even in the third and we pass over him I'll be pissed
Like I said, based on where they went in the mock. I'm not saying I actually think a guy will or won't be there.

Carp

DCC 4Life
also, how is Barrett Jones available in the 5th? This is garbage, he will be drafted by the end of the third without a doubt.
Jones gets overrated a bit IMO. His value is in his versatility, but I don't think he is a necessarily great prospect at any one position.

Smitty

DCC 4Life

Alex Okafor, DE, Texas
You'd get no complaints from me about that draft.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't see rookies as the way to fill immediate needs. They don't always catch in and play well enough to start right away anyhow.
I think this is an excellent safety draft and I'd like to snag one. There might not be an Ed Reed at the top but there are a lot of really good safety prospects and safety is arguably our biggest immediate need. I'm not sure we have even one starting safety on our roster much less two starters.

With that being said if we get a lot of talent I wouldn't bitch about not getting a safety, we just need to get one of the free agent safeties left on the market.

D

Deuce

Substitute Werner for Richardson and I'd be very happy.
I know you're against him and props for no wavering on your opinion, but I think you need to prepare for him to be the best DL out of this class.

Top Bottom