Orlando Scandrick eligible to return; but not this week

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Orlando Scandrick eligible to return

Updated: September 12, 2014, 8:07 PM ET

ESPN.com news services

Dallas Cowboys cornerback Orlando Scandrick is eligible to return from suspension Sunday after the NFLPA voted to accept the NFL's revised drug policy, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Scandrick acknowledged that his suspension stemmed from testing positive for amphetamines, the result of recreational drug use in April during a vacation in Mexico with his ex-girlfriend. Scandrick declined to specify the drug he used, but league sources told ESPN's Ed Werder that it was MDMA, which is also known as Ecstasy or Molly.

"I made a bad decision," Scandrick said following the suspension. "I'm responsible for what goes in my body. I know I'm responsible for what goes in my body. It's a very humbling experience.

"I'm very sorry. I apologize to the Jones family. I'm very sorry to my teammates. I'm very sorry to the fans of Cowboys nation and I'm very sorry to my family."

Scandrick, a seven-year veteran coming off the best season of his career, tested positive in April and was informed in August that the appeals process had been exhausted, making his suspension official.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Alot of media jumping the gun yet again, all that's happened is the NFLPA has voted for the new policy. NFL still hasn't signed off on it yet and no guarantee it gets done in time for players to be activated for Sunday's game.

Last edited:

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I am sure if comes down to it, Jones would fly him to Nashville on his private jet hours before the game.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
a mediocre nickle back gets a private jet ride? God are we desperate.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
a mediocre nickle back gets a private jet ride? God are we desperate.
Actually, he is probably the best sound defensive player on this roster at the moment. That is what is pathetic.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
It's official, no Scandrick for Sunday. Maybe next week

Top Bottom