2015 NFL Draft--Hypothetical Situation

Carp

DCC 4Life
Here is the scenario...the Cowboys end up with the #1 overall pick in the draft and must use it. No trading down. You are the GM...make your pick based on what you know right now about the draft prospects.

D

Deuce

I think I look at Leonard Williams in the first. He can play End and kick inside on passing downs.

Then in the 2nd, I grab or even trade into the late first for Connor Cook.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Here is the scenario...the Cowboys end up with the #1 overall pick in the draft and must use it. No trading down. You are the GM...make your pick based on what you know right now about the draft prospects.
Don't know who yet but at this point I am honed in on the best QB available.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I think I look at Leonard Williams in the first. He can play End and kick inside on passing downs.

Williams would be my top pick as well, but I do like Mariotta too. I would look at Hogan at 33 if he was still on the board.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Don't know who yet but at this point I am honed in on the best QB available.
Make your pick based on what you know right now. That is the scenario...otherwise...thanks for the meaningless post.

D

Deuce

Williams would be my top pick as well, but I do like Mariotta too. I would look at Hogan at 33 if he was still on the board.
Mariotta intrigues me as well, Winston and Hundley do not. But Cook impressed me the other night and if he keeps playing at a high level, he's a first rounder. He is a prototypical QB and if I can get that a little later along with the premium DL than I'm ecstatic.

I haven't seen enough of Hogan to know what to think of him yet. He wasn't overly impressive against USC but I won't hold one game against him.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Mariotta for me.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Mariotta intrigues me as well, Winston and Hundley do not. But Cook impressed me the other night and if he keeps playing at a high level, he's a first rounder. He is a prototypical QB and if I can get that a little later along with the premium DL than I'm ecstatic.

I haven't seen enough of Hogan to know what to think of him yet. He wasn't overly impressive against USC but I won't hold one game against him.
I think Hogan is a little held back at Stanford. I like what they do there, but even Luck was underutilized there in my opinion. I think if Hogan was given more of a chance to be the lead option there he would really go up the charts. However, Stanford emphasizes the run game and TE game.

D

Deuce

I think Hogan is a little held back at Stanford. I like what they do there, but even Luck was underutilized there in my opinion. I think if Hogan was given more of a chance to be the lead option there he would really go up the charts. However, Stanford emphasizes the run game and TE game.
That is true. Plus they rarely ever have weapons on the outside to help the QB out like other programs.

Honestly, I think part of my reason for wanting to bypass Mariotta is cause I'm convinced a new coach with a new offensive philosophy will be in Dallas next year. Someone a little more conservative and I'd rather have a QB who can play in any system than someone who's run the spread exclusively.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Make your pick based on what you know right now. That is the scenario...otherwise...thanks for the meaningless post.
Okay I'm torn between Hackenberg or Nunley so I think I go with Hackenberg if he declares.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Okay I'm torn between Hackenberg or Nunley so I think I go with Hackenberg if he declares.
Hackenberg is not draft eligible and I have no idea who Nunley is...props.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Hackenberg is not draft eligible and I have no idea who Nunley is...props.
It's Hunley. Made a typo. Hackenberg is s sophomore this season. I thought they could declare after their soph year but I an not a rules guru.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Right now I say Mariotta, don't want the crab thief

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

I'm not a big fan of DT sized DE's. I like Lawrence but we need another elite pass rushing threat for the outside and I don't see that in a 6'5" 290 lb guy. Not thrilled with my options at the top of this draft right now but guys will emerge. For the time being I'll begrudgingly say Mariota although I have some serious concerns about his pure passing ability. I've seen him put in some real stinker games passing where he couldn't seem to hit anyone. I'm worried that he will really struggle when forced to throw into tight windows on a regular basis.

There is always Ifo Ekpre-Olomu...

Top Bottom