Ric Flair faces arrest in alimony dispute

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Wrestling great Ric Flair faces arrest in alimony dispute

By Houston Mitchell
July 17, 2013, 7:40 a.m.

A Charlotte, N.C., judge on Tuesday issued an arrest order for Ric Flair, considered by many to be the greatest pro wrestler of all time, for not paying his estranged wife $32,352.51 in spousal support.

Flair, whose real name is Richard Morgan Fliehr, was ordered to pay $4,000 a month to Jacqueline Beems.

Flair, 64, can avoid going to jail if he pays what he owes.

“The reason I didn’t pay my ex-wife the 32 grand is because my son died and I was in the hospital for a month,” Flair told the the Charlotte Observer. “I was in the hospital for a month with a blood clot. I didn’t go to work for three months.”

Reid Fliehr was found dead by his father on March 29. The wrestler's son, 25, died from ingesting a combination of heroin and prescription drugs, according to the autopsy.

Strangely enough, Beems turned herself into police on Tuesday after a warrant was issued for her arrest because she allegedly made a series of threatening phone calls to Flair's girlfriend.

Beems was released on a $500 unsecured bond.

“My girlfriend is the mother of four and she has 50 texts and five voice-mails from my ex-wife,” Flair said.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Alimony is bullshit.

The great Flair shouldn't have to give that bitch a dime.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I wish I could get 4 G's a month just by getting married and subsequently divorced.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Alimony is bullshit.

The great Flair shouldn't have to give that bitch a dime.
I get the idea behind child support.

Alimony? Uhhh...no. It is an outdated and very sexist concept that basically says a woman is incapable of supporting herself.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I get child support.

Alimony? Uhhh...no. It is an outdated and very sexist concept that basically says a woman is incapable of supporting herself.
I don't even agree with the concept of child support if we're talking about responsible parents.

If you're a great dad, but your wife decides to cheat on you and divorce you and the stupid system gives her custody, why should you have to continue paying her money to take care of the children while they're at her house?

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't let my kids be without if I were in that situation and their mother didn't get them what they needed. What I'm saying is that I think it's ridiculous that you should have to continue being financially obligated to give her money that is completely unaccounted for even if she makes just as much as you do or even more.

What if you want to take them to Disney world too? You have to find a way to do it while missing 20% of your own income, but she gets to do it while being able to count on 100% of her own income plus the extra 20 she's getting from you. So what happens to you? Shit out of luck and the system doesn't care.

Each parent should be responsible for the child when he/she is under their roof. Nothing more.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member

Chris Rock on alimony. Simply brilliant.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I don't even agree with the concept of child support if we're talking about responsible parents.
I think it is okay because frankly most parents aren't responsible and the kids shouldn't suffer.

If you're a great dad, but your wife decides to cheat on you and divorce you and the stupid system gives her custody, why should you have to continue paying her money to take care of the children while they're at her house?
You'd still pay it yourself if you had them exclusively. Maybe not as much, but I still don't think the kid should suffer. I do think child support is often misallocated though. It certainly can be used for some bitch to get her nails done, etc. instead of feeding and clothing the child.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

Technically alimony isn't just for women.

In some situations I get why alimony might be appropriate.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't let my kids be without if I were in that situation and their mother didn't get them what they needed. What I'm saying is that I think it's ridiculous that you should have to continue being financially obligated to give her money that is completely unaccounted for even if she makes just as much as you do or even more.

What if you want to take them to Disney world too? You have to find a way to do it while missing 20% of your own income, but she gets to do it while being able to count on 100% of her own income plus the extra 20 she's getting from you. So what happens to you? Shit out of luck and the system doesn't care.

Each parent should be responsible for the child when he/she is under their roof. Nothing more.

Umm. :unsure

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The problem is children generally don't spend 50% of their time in each home. So you end up with a kid that maybe spends a weekend or two a month at one person's home and the rest of the time at the other parents home. The parent that has the child then has to bear the brunt of food/living expenses. I'm not ok with dead beat parents just skating by not paying for anything for their children by never having them in their custody (I keep it gender neutral because I have seen dead beat moms and dads, the only difference is Dad who has custody rarely pushes the issue to collect child support).

I think parents really should split the costs of the child equally. The problem is most parents aren't capable of doing that without child support and a court order. Even then you have parents who abuse the system. There is no reason why someone should pay a fortune in child support because they make $100,000.00 a year. That kid really shouldn't cost any more then a kid who has a parent earning $40,000.00.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

I have never heard of a guy getting awarded alimony. I guess it happens but I have never been around anyone who got it.

Smitty

DCC 4Life

I believe in child support to a point. I do not, however, believe the custodial parent should be entitled to a blanket "X percent" of a non-custodial parent's income.

A father who makes 6 figures should not be writing massive checks to an ex just because she got the kids. She should get enough for the reasonable care of the children. If she wants them to have a better life... then they can go live with dad and his money.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
The problem is children generally don't spend 50% of their time in each home. So you end up with a kid that maybe spends a weekend or two a month at one person's home and the rest of the time at the other parents home. The parent that has the child then has to bear the brunt of food/living expenses. I'm not ok with dead beat parents just skating by not paying for anything for their children by never having them in their custody (I keep it gender neutral because I have seen dead beat moms and dads, the only difference is Dad who has custody rarely pushes the issue to collect child support).

I think parents really should split the costs of the child equally. The problem is most parents aren't capable of doing that without child support and a court order. Even then you have parents who abuse the system. There is no reason why someone should pay a fortune in child support because they make $100,000.00 a year. That kid really shouldn't cost any more then a kid who has a parent earning $40,000.00.
Bingo. The problem is, lots of exes use that as a winning lottery ticket.

Nope. Sorry. The child support should be to bring the child's standard of life to median income, if possible, but never any higher.

Writing child support checks for thousands of dollars a month so a kid can have the style of life he would have IF Dad had custody? Bullshit. It's having your cake and eating it too. He's not with dad. In many cases, dad would love to have the kid.

Instead mom gets to leach off dad via money she did not earn because Junior is somehow entitled to the quality of life he'd have with dad if the parents hadn't split. Hey, if the child is better off with dad's money... send him back to dad.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I have never heard of a guy getting awarded alimony. I guess it happens but I have never been around anyone who got it.
Rare, but it happens. If it was not legal, there would be equal protection (discrimination) issues.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Writing child support checks for thousands of dollars a month so a kid can have the style of life he would have IF Dad had custody? Bullshit. It's having your cake and eating it too. He's not with dad. In many cases, dad would love to have the kid.

Instead mom gets to leach off dad via money she did not earn because Junior is somehow entitled to the quality of life he'd have with dad if the parents hadn't split. Hey, if the child is better off with dad's money... send him back to dad.
Exactly.....and that's why I don't believe in child support.

If your best defense is, "well, I can't afford it by myself" - then why are you being awarded custody?

It's bullshit.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Exactly.....and that's why I don't believe in child support.

If your best defense is, "well, I can't afford it by myself" - then why are you being awarded custody?

It's bullshit.
Because sometimes neither parent is capable of affording the kids all by themselves. What do you do then?

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Because sometimes neither parent is capable of affording the kids all by themselves. What do you do then?
Government assistance? I mean, this would actually be one of the legitimate reasons to receive free government benefits as opposed to the thousands who collect welfare and food stamps but make no attempt whatsoever to get a job.

Let's say you have to parents who live in poverty. Two decent people who are good parents but just so happen to live in poor conditions for whatever reason. How is the non-custodial parent supposed to live if he/she has to give 20% of their already low income?

How would that person survive? That's not a solution, it's creating another problem.

Again, if your scenario actually took place, then government assistance should be the answer.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Bingo. The problem is, lots of exes use that as a winning lottery ticket.

Nope. Sorry. The child support should be to bring the child's standard of life to median income, if possible, but never any higher.

I'd think a father who had the means to give his child a better life would do it without hesitation. I know I would. Also, some dads that make a great living don't have the time to raise their child because of their work. Certainly if the dad wants the kid and he or she is going to actually be raised by the dad then that is one thing, but often times in that case they are raised by a nanny or daycare.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard

In what situations? Why should you have to pay someone a check for the rest of their lives or yours because you used to be married?

Top Bottom