Archer: Tyler Patmon states his case

Tony D

DCC 4Life
The Claiborne hate is over the top. Yes, he was drafted high. Yes, he can never get healthy. When he plays he's been ok. He's had a few better than average games and those were when he was near 100%. He's been banged up most of his career.

I think if he can get healthy and play a bunch of games in a row without getting hurt his play and production will go up. That's a big if since he's already banged up. He has the talent.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Playing Ok is not something you expect from the expectations that come from the hype or where he was drafted at. Thats something you expect from a mid round pick. Plus he cant stay on the field. Just not something that you want from the supposed "best defensive player in the draft".

Carp

DCC 4Life
He has to stay healthy...that is the biggest thing, because he is not a liability when he is out there. At a certain point you have to move past the "we could have had Brockers/Wagner" and accept we don't have a time machine to go back. I don't care about his draft status anymore...just want him on the field.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
At a certain point you have to move past the "we could have had Brockers/Wagner" and accept we don't have a time machine to go back.
Agreed. But it is funny. Most people would have lost their minds if we had drafted Brockers, even at our original spot.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Agreed. But it is funny. Most people would have lost their minds if we had drafted Brockers, even at our original spot.
I would have as well. I hated Brockers...mostly because of Spears. If I remember correctly, I had a boner for DeCastro, Ingram, and Jones had we not traded up.

hstour

Brand New Member
He has to stay healthy...that is the biggest thing, because he is not a liability when he is out there. At a certain point you have to move past the "we could have had Brockers/Wagner" and accept we don't have a time machine to go back. I don't care about his draft status anymore...just want him on the field.
OK, you are being rational. This is an internet message board and such things are just not allowed..... :stop

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
The only thing his draft status counts for now is expectations and cap numbers. Im done with the Brockers/Wagner thing personally as I didn't care for either of them at that draft either. I would imagine there would have been people upset with the Wagner pick as well after drafting Carter and Lee.

I don't expect much from Claiborne so really anything from him would be nice. I don't hate him as much as others seem to but can see where it comes from.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
The only thing his draft status counts for now is expectations and cap numbers. Im done with the Brockers/Wagner thing personally as I didn't care for either of them at that draft either. I would imagine there would have been people upset with the Wagner pick as well after drafting Carter and Lee.

I don't expect much from Claiborne so really anything from him would be nice. I don't hate him as much as others seem to but can see where it comes from.
That has always been my position. Once you are on the team it doesn't matter where you were drafted. Competition results should be the dictate of where you are in the lineup. If a high draft choice can't make the grade then that is on the GM to deal with the owner. The Coach however should select and play the best performers. I know it doesn't work that way with the Dallas organization but that is the way it should be. I have taken some flak in the past for saying where a player is drafted doesn't matter but I think they were thinking of the draft itself when I was referring to after the fact.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Just not something that you want from the supposed "best defensive player in the draft".
Yeah, that ship has long sailed.

He's an above-average talent with below-average heart and smarts. Doesn't mean you throw the baby out with the bathwater and cut him because he disappointed relative to what was traded to get him.

I agree with Carp and believe we need him on the field. If he just doesn't want to play then yeah, trade him for whatever we can get.

BW Webb OTOH is worse than a JAG and is perfectly fine to cut right now. He's never made a difference in any game, preseason or otherwise, and his return and ST skills are average at best.

Top Bottom