Cowboys worth NFL-best $3.2 billion

Carp

DCC 4Life
They haven't finished the season on top for the past 18 seasons, but the Dallas Cowboys are once again kings of the NFL mountain when it comes to the Forbes' NFL Team Values list, which was released Wednesday.

Jerry Jones' team leads the way in the magazine's rankings for the eighth consecutive season with a value of $3.2 billion -- a year-over-year increase of $900 million (36 percent). The Cowboys, who last won a Super Bowl in 1996, are the only NFL team worth more than $3 billion.

The Cowboys also have the NFL's highest revenue ($560 million) and operating income ($246 million), and this season become the first NFL team to have partnerships with a worldwide luxury watch and cruise line.

According to Forbes, the only sports franchise in the world worth more than the Cowboys is Real Madrid, at $3.4 billion.

The New England Patriots ($2.6 billion), the Washington Redskins ($2.4 billion), the New York Giants ($2.1 billion) and the Houston Texans ($1.85 billion) round out the top five. The entire NFC East is ranked among the seven most valuable teams, with the Philadelphia Eagles coming in seventh ($1.75 billion).

Forbes says the average NFL franchise is now worth an all-time high of $1.43 billion, which is 23 percent more than a year ago and is the biggest year-over-year increase since 1999.

It is more than the mean valuation of the world's top 20 soccer teams ($1.05 billion), MLB teams ($811 million), and NBA teams ($634 million).

Only seven teams are worth less than $1 billion: the San Diego Chargers ($995 million), Cincinnati Bengals ($990 million), Oakland Raiders ($970 million), Jacksonville Jaguars ($965 million), Detroit Lions ($960 million), Buffalo Bills ($935 million) and the St. Louis Rams ($930 million).

The value of the Super Bowl champion Seattle Seahawks rose to $1.33 billion, which ranked 15th.

Other teams in the top 10 include the New York Jets (No. 6, $1.8 billion), Chicago Bears (No. 8, $1.7 billion), San Francisco 49ers (No. 9, $1.6 billion) and the Baltimore Ravens (No. 10, $1.5 billion).

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Oakland Raiders ($970 million)
That is really surprising to me. I would have thought they would be at least middle of the pack, if not higher.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
That is really surprising to me. I would have thought they would be at least middle of the pack, if not higher.
The value of your stadium has a lot to do with estimated value and they have a shit stadium that they are trying to leave. If they get a good venue to play in their value will shoot way up.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Hey DCC,

3.2 billion.

Fuck You,

Jerry Jones

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
2nd in all of sports. Behind Real Madrid.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Hey DCC,

3.2 billion.

Fuck You,

Jerry Jones
Jerry gently carresses the back of DCC's head, as booze's nose nuzzles into Jer's nether-region.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Schmitty lies back in ecstasy, as Jerry gets him a couple handsful of those balugas.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Were you not entertained?

Carp

DCC 4Life
I think this calls for a billboard, that should slow down the momentum.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I think this calls for a billboard, that should slow down the momentum.
A 36 percent increase in value (900 million) over one years time. Thank gawd we have all of these realists to keep shit in check, or Jerry just might get rich.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Jerry gently carresses the back of DCC's head, as booze's nose nuzzles into Jer's nether-region.
Don't forget about the pics of Iamtdg sitting down and peeing.

Carp

DCC 4Life
A 36 percent increase in value (900 million) over one years time. Thank gawd we have all of these realists to keep shit in check, or Jerry just might get rich.
You cannot stop the business side of Jerry and the Cowboys...too well known and too good at staying relevant.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
As a business model there is no denying the success of Jones via the Dallas Cowboys. As a competitive sports entity it's middle of the road. Who didn't know this? If your primary objective as a business owner is to make money then the Dallas club is elite.

Top Bottom