Archer: Cowboys to pay attention to Terrell Suggs' deal

Carp

DCC 4Life
Lacewell is on record stating that Jerry and he told Parcells at dinner that Newman was the pick and that Parcells wasn't happy about it.

He may have liked Robertson, but Robertson wasn't there at 5. Newman and Williams were.

We know who Parcells would have chosen.
Do you get alerts when someone says something disparaging against Parcells or Garrett? .

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
See Morris Claiborne as attempt deux.
At least Newman had the talent to play CB for a decade behind an average pass rush and soft defensive middle. Claiborne's ball skills are useless without the speed to get into position.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
At least Newman had the talent to play CB for a decade behind an average pass rush and soft defensive middle. Claiborne's ball skills are useless without the speed to get into position.
Just think....we gave up a second round pick to go get the "best CB since Prime Time", and the guy ran a 4.5 forty. :lol

GShock

DCC 4Life
Lacewell is on record stating that Jerry and he told Parcells at dinner that Newman was the pick and that Parcells wasn't happy about it.

He may have liked Robertson, but Robertson wasn't there at 5. Newman and Williams were.

We know who Parcells would have chosen.
Nope, not good enough.

FJ was brought here to be a real coach. It was his first draft. He either agreed with the pick or disagreed, but bitched out and chose to cash his check and not make an issue of it. FJ getting rolled by Jerry and Lacewell? :lol As if.

Either way, he gets Newman hung around his neck for all time.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Nope, not good enough.

FJ was brought here to be a real coach. It was his first draft. He either agreed with the pick or disagreed, but bitched out and chose to cash his check and not make an issue of it. FJ getting rolled by Jerry and Lacewell? :lol As if.

Either way, he gets Newman hung around his neck for all time.
Well, that's exactly what happened. You can choose to blame him for not standing up to Jerry more, but he compromised on that famous plane interview about not having complete personnel authority, something we saw him get trumped on many times during his tenure here. This was incident #1.

So I don't know what's "not good enough" but the fact is, Parcells would have taken Kevin Williams had Jerry Jones not overruled him.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well, that's exactly what happened. You can choose to blame him for not standing up to Jerry more, but he compromised on that famous plane interview about not having complete personnel authority, something we saw him get trumped on many times during his tenure here. This was incident #1.
Yep, just like wanting to take Spears with our first pick in the draft. What a bust that would have been...

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Yep, just like wanting to take Spears with our first pick in the draft. What a bust that would have been...
I'll take Parcells' total record over Jerry's any day. I tend to think we would have been overall much better off.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I'll take Parcells' total record over Jerry's any day. I tend to think we would have been overall much better off.
I'm not that impressed with his work in Miami. Of course it would have been a lot better if he hadn't passed on Matt Ryan.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Not infinitely, judging from the results.
One of them is a Hall of Fame team builder and the other is a Hall of Fame buffoon.

They couldn't be further apart. Jerry getting one right call on DeMarcus Ware doesn't make that true.

Top Bottom