Insane, yet not surprising

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Now, once the FA period is over I will drop my spot on analysis and record prediction.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I think that it's not easy to tell, even with Jones at the helm, what a team will look like before FA or the draft. Yes, you can bank on ongoing failure, but predicting a record before it plays out is a bit of a reach.
Well, we obviously can't look up the archives since we were on that dreaded V5, but I predicted 7-9 and I actually feel better about that prediction after FA and the draft than I did when I made that prediction back in February.

Most of the same shitty coaches are coming back, same average group of players, same choking QB, pretty much the same shitty offensive line with the exception of one big unknown at center.

Oh, and we do have that awesome 2nd round TE.

Sorry, but that isn't enough to sway my initial feeling had about this team.

Last edited:

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Now, once the FA period is over I will drop my spot on analysis and record prediction.
It is already over.....for us, at least.

Who are we going to sign? I hoped that just maybe the rumors of us being interested in Clabo and Winston were true, but being as Clabo is gone and we are going so long without resolving the Free issue, that's a very clear indicator that we don't really want to sign anyone or improve that line.

What would lead you to think that we might just sign someone of significance in FA with the little money we have?

Cotton

Staff member
It is already over.....for us, at least.

Who are we going to sign? I hoped that just maybe the rumors of us being interested in Clabo and Winston were true, but being as Clabo is gone and we are going so long without resolving the Free issue, that's a very clear indicator that we don't really want to sign anyone or improve that line.

What would lead you to think that we might just sign someone of significance in FA with the little money we have?
I was mostly making a joke with the spot on analysis comment, but I feel like we will be right around that 8-8 7-9 area.

But, making the call on that before the draft is silly to me.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I was mostly making a joke with the spot on analysis comment, but I feel like we will be right around that 8-8 7-9 area.

But, making the call on that before the draft is silly to me.
So did this draft make you change your opinion about your 2013 prediction?

It sure as shit didn't affect me.

It was more of the same.

Cotton

Staff member
So did this draft make you change your opinion about your 2013 prediction?

It sure as shit didn't affect me.

It was more of the same.
Well, no, but we could always luck into a draft like we had in ...

Fine, we are bound to suck regardless, Dr. Dickface!

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
The free agency period was over for us before the 2012 season even ended. You may drop your prediction at any time.

Cotton

Staff member
The free agency period was over for us before the 2012 season even ended. You may drop your prediction at any time.
Tough to call. We could easily be 6-10, and easily be 9-7.

I'm going with 7-9.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
The sad thing is that we could have created enough room to make some solid signings, but we chose not to.

We could have brought in Griffin instead of that bum Will Allen, and we could have had Clabo or Winston.....but again, we choose not to.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
The sad thing is that we could have created enough room to make some solid signings, but we chose not to.

We could have brought in Griffin instead of that bum Will Allen, and we could have had Clabo or Winston.....but again, we choose not to.
Yep. And, we could've drafted some guys who could've actually come in and competed for those positions. We chose not to do that, either.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

I'm going with 7-9.
7-9 is the right sweet spot, I think.

I know both the 2011 and 2012 Cowboys went 8-8, but the 2011 Cowboys would've beaten last years version.

In 2011, we legitimately blew wins against the Jets in the opener, the Lions (playoff team) in that awful Romo meltdown, and the Giants (NFL Champion) in another epic choke job.

We led against the (AFC Champion) New England Patriots on their home turf for most of the 4th, but as usual, couldn't seal the deal. The point is, the Cowboys did play good football that year and they could very easily and probably should have been 11-5 and won the division.

Last year, though? The offense never truly got going and they were doing just enough to get by against average to bad teams. If Josh Freeman hadn't played like crap, we don't beat Tampa in week 3. We barely squeaked by a bad Carolina team, and we had to go to OT just to beat the lowly Browns led by Brandon Weeden.

I see no reason whatsoever to believe that the 2013 Cowboys are going to be better than the 2012 Cowboys.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate

I'm going with 7-9.
I want a week 1 season ending injury to Romo coming directly from Free missing a block. This way, his ass will be dropped and we'll have a shot at Jadeveon Clowney.....only to pass on him for Jake Matthews or Taylor Lewan.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Jesus. If something made me this miserable, I certainly wouldn't keep following it every day, year after year.

Cotton

Staff member
Jesus. If something made me this miserable, I certainly wouldn't keep following it every day, year after year.
Sucks, huh?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Yeppers. They can take me to the outhouse but they can't make me have lunch there.

Top Bottom