User Tag List

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Football: Questions/Discussion

General observations from my money league that I think we can all ask for our own leagues:

So who had a numbnut that picked Maurice Jones-Drew waaaaaaay too early?

Who asked why Toby Gerhart is ranked so high by Yahoo?

Still has that guy who takes the same MFing guys, every year, regardless of previous year production.

What guy picked Kiko Alonso as an IDP very late and got upset when you informed them in chat he is likely done for the year?

Quote Originally Posted by boozeman View Post
    General observations from my money league that I think we can all ask for our own leagues:

So who had a numbnut that picked Maurice Jones-Drew waaaaaaay too early?

Still has that guy who takes the same MFing guys, every year, regardless of previous year production.

What guy picked Kiko Alonso as an IDP very late and got upset when you informed them in chat he is likely done for the year?
    also the guys who want to find a sleeper so bad(Jerry Jones syndrome) they actually take the backup before the starter, draft last night guy took Hyde with Gore still on the board(redraft league)

Quote Originally Posted by boozeman View Post
    Are you guys buying into Gerhart in fantasy this year? He was the best RB2 I could get in my 1.0 PPR league. I know he's going to be a 3 down back that gets goal line carries/catches passes. Volume will be his friend. But is he going to be worth a shit? That offense is going to be bad and he is, you know, white. I have him as a pure bench player in my 10 team league & am comfortable with that, but I'm definitely a little nervous relying on him as a starter. Most sources have him ranked respectably enough that I should be fine with it but I'm not sure I really buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by E_D_Guapo View Post
    Are you guys buying into Gerhart in fantasy this year? He was the best RB2 I could get in my 1.0 PPR league. I know he's going to be a 3 down back that gets goal line carries/catches passes. Volume will be his friend. But is he going to be worth a shit? That offense is going to be bad and he is, you know, white. I have him as a pure bench player in my 10 team league & am comfortable with that, but I'm definitely a little nervous relying on him as a starter. Most sources have him ranked respectably enough that I should be fine with it but I'm not sure I really buy it.
    I'm not taking that chance.

He should be ok given he should get alot of carries but personally I'd try and trade him off after his first decent game

One last comment on Vereen... as long as Ridley has a pulse, he will continue to eat into Vereen's numbers. I have been juggling those two guys on my fantasy teams for years now, and just when it looks like one has the a lock on the job, Brady goes to the other. It's completely frustrating.

Hell, other than Brady himself, trying to pick a reliable fantasy producer from the Patriots offense is near impossible. Especially since Welker has departed.

Seems like the only constant on the Pats offense is an injury to Gronk.

I appreciate all the feedback on Vereen, fellas. The trade talks I had involving him were only preliminary and I have decided not to pursue the trade I had discussed (I give A. Brown and T. Gerhart and receive Vereen and Crabtree). Definitely a lot of risk to both Vereen and Crabtree compared to the relatively safety of A. Brown as a PPR commodity. I'm not really sold on Gerhart outside of the fact that he'll be a workhorse, but I have other RB2 options that could materialize as the season progresses (Pierce for week 1 & 2 and L. Miller and B. Sankey, who could become more valuable later on).

That said, I think Vereen is in for a huge year, especially in a PPR. I've dealt with both players in fantasy too and Ridley is one or two more lost fumbles away from possibly never playing for the Patriots again. Clearly Belichick is impossible to predict but I am pretty confident Vereen is going to easily receive the most touches out of all those guys. I think he might catch 85 passes and rush for 500-600 yards. It's a gamble though, particularly with his injury history. I would have loved to have been able to draft him, but I am going to stop short of trading away a guy like Brown for him.

I appreciate all the feedback on Vereen, fellas. The trade talks I had involving him were only preliminary and I have decided not to pursue the trade I had discussed (I give A. Brown and T. Gerhart and receive Vereen and Crabtree). Definitely a lot of risk to both Vereen and Crabtree compared to the relatively safety of A. Brown as a PPR commodity. I'm not really sold on Gerhart outside of the fact that he'll be a workhorse, but I have other RB2 options that could materialize as the season progresses (Pierce for week 1 & 2 and L. Miller and B. Sankey, who could become more valuable later on).

That said, I think Vereen is in for a huge year, especially in a PPR. I've dealt with both players in fantasy too and Ridley is one or two more lost fumbles away from possibly never playing for the Patriots again. Clearly Belichick is impossible to predict but I am pretty confident Vereen is going to easily receive the most touches out of all those guys. I think he might catch 85 passes and rush for 500-600 yards. It's a gamble though, particularly with his injury history. I would have loved to have been able to draft him, but I am going to stop short of trading away a guy like Brown for him.
    A surprise ppr guy you might want to watch is McCluster who I bet Whisenhut uses alot like he did Woodhead last year, he won't be a good play every week but I'd start him against us and other teams with suspect linebackers