User Tag List

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: Fantasy Football: Questions/Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by E_D_Guapo View Post
    First round of the playoffs in my main league and I am in a shitty situation as I lost Melvin Gordon last week and Julio Jones seems unlikely to play and likely to be very limited if he does. Jordan Reed is also difficult to gauge since I don't know for sure how much he is going to play.

On top of all that, Andrew Luck has a horrid matchup @MIN and probably will be without Moncrief. I have been carrying Carson Palmer, who has a nice home matchup vs. NO, but he is not really to be trusted at all. Earlier in the week I picked up Tyrod Taylor because he is at home vs. CLE. Can't beat that matchup but I am struggling with the "Am I really going to start Tyrod Taylor over Andrew Luck?" question.

Thoughts? Starting to lean towards starting Taylor and hoping for the best. I just don't see much upside for Luck this week and Palmer's floor is lower than Taylor's, IMO.
    Yeah, that's a tough one. I think I would do what you suggest and roll the dice with Taylor.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Quote Originally Posted by E_D_Guapo View Post
    First round of the playoffs in my main league and I am in a shitty situation as I lost Melvin Gordon last week and Julio Jones seems unlikely to play and likely to be very limited if he does. Jordan Reed is also difficult to gauge since I don't know for sure how much he is going to play.

On top of all that, Andrew Luck has a horrid matchup @MIN and probably will be without Moncrief. I have been carrying Carson Palmer, who has a nice home matchup vs. NO, but he is not really to be trusted at all. Earlier in the week I picked up Tyrod Taylor because he is at home vs. CLE. Can't beat that matchup but I am struggling with the "Am I really going to start Tyrod Taylor over Andrew Luck?" question.

Thoughts? Starting to lean towards starting Taylor and hoping for the best. I just don't see much upside for Luck this week and Palmer's floor is lower than Taylor's, IMO.
    Our team sounds a lot a like. I have Luck, Reed, and Gordon. I also have Forte as well.

I also have Jimmy Graham so didn't bother with Reed decision. Its going to bite me in the butt most likely. I'm leaving Luck in despite the matchup. I picked up Farrow to cover Gordon's spot. Don't know if he's available in your league but may be worth a look.
    #Fire Garrett

Quote Originally Posted by Rev View Post
    Our team sounds a lot a like. I have Luck, Reed, and Gordon. I also have Forte as well.

I also have Jimmy Graham so didn't bother with Reed decision. Its going to bite me in the butt most likely. I'm leaving Luck in despite the matchup. I picked up Farrow to cover Gordon's spot. Don't know if he's available in your league but may be worth a look.
    I did pick up Farrow and am starting him. I think I may end up starting Tyrod Taylor though. Not a move I feel great about by any means but with all the injuries I have (Julio was just ruled out) I feel like I have to take some risk for upside.

I just want to say fuck the Minnesota Vikings defense.

I just saw that I lost to Booze in the playoffs by something like .80 points all because the Vikings mailed it in.

All they had to do was just show up and at least give half effort vs a very average Colts team but they couldn't even do that.

Sorry ass son of a bitches.

Deuce is going to beat my ass because I wasn't paying attention this week.

Quote Originally Posted by boozeman View Post
    Deuce is going to beat my ass because I wasn't paying attention this week.
    What would you have done different?

Obviously taking out Cobb for Julio, but he's done little so far. Anything else?

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    What would you have done different?

Obviously taking out Cobb for Julio, but he's done little so far. Anything else?
    I wasn't making excuses, asshole.

I didn't pay attention to the fact that your team pretty much mirrored mine score for score with key players.

Brady, Rodgers, Nelson all played off each other.

But all in all, you should be ashamed you were 8-6 with your talent going in.

I credit that to a Jason Garrett level coach, where I Belichicked a shitty bunch to the championship round.

Quote Originally Posted by boozeman View Post
    I wasn't making excuses, asshole.

It wasn't sarcasm. I am legitimately asking.

But as for my team, you have to remember that I had to overcome a Brady suspension. Keeping my guys engaged without their leader is a tall task.