User Tag List

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Football: Questions/Discussion

Fantasy Football: Questions/Discussion

12 team 1.0 PPR league.

I kept Megatron for a 2nd round pick and Gio Bernard for a 6th. In the 1st round all of the RBs I was interested in at that spot were off the board so I drafted Julio Jones. Nice 1-2 punch with him and Megatron. I was hoping like hell that Shane Vereen would be there for my next pick but he went off the board a couple picks ahead of me. With Vereen gone there were no RBs I felt good about for that pick either so I took PPR stud Antonio Brown to play at my Flex spot.

I took kind of a shotgun approach to RB2 after that. I got Toby Gerhart, who should be a 3 down back that gets goal line carries and catches some passes, but on a terrible offense. I also ended up with committee guy with upside Lamar Miller, wait and see Bishop Sankey (I expect decent production in the second half of the season), and Bernard Pierce who has value for at least the first couple weeks.

I don't feel great about my RB2 but can play matchups. I really, really like Vereen in a 1.0 PPR this year though and his owner and I have had preliminary discussion about following trade but nothing is set yet: I give A. Brown and Gerhart for Vereen and Crabtree. Would you do it if you were me? Am I underestimating Gerhart? Overestimating Vereen?

Thanks to anyone who gives feedback.

I wouldn't make that trade. Crabtree has proven unreliable, and you would be banking an almost certain bet in Brown for a maybe in Vereen.

You're overestimating Vereen imo, while I really like him(have him in my dynasty league) with the way the Pats get all their rbs involved I think he's going to produce about like Woodhead this year and neither are worth Brown who is Rapistburgers only proven option

Quote Originally Posted by Iamtdg View Post
    I wouldn't make that trade. Crabtree has proven unreliable, and you would be banking an almost certain bet in Brown for a maybe in Vereen.
    I don't agree on Crabtree. He's been the #1 for Kaepernick since he took over at QB. He's going to have a big year if he's healthy.

As an aside, I started with a group of guys in a Dynasty league this year. Never tried it before, but I'm looking forward to this team competing now and building on it. Didn't get near as many young talented rookies as I wanted, but I'm happy. My only gripe with the league is its "best ball" format. That takes the skill out of the league for the lazy players. Here's my roster.

Bortles, Blake JAC QB
    Manning, Eli NYG QB
    Rodgers, Aaron GBP QB

Bush, Reggie DET RB
    Foster, Arian HOU RB
    Rice, Ray BAL RB
    Sproles, Darren PHI RB
    Williams, DeAngelo CAR RB

Amendola, Danny NEP WR
    Austin, Tavon STL WR
    Johnson, Calvin DET WR
    Moore, Denarius OAK WR
    Smith, Steve BAL WR
    Welker, Wes DEN WR
    Williams, Terrance DAL WR

Amaro, Jace NYJ TE
    Eifert, Tyler CIN TE
    Gates, Antonio SDC TE

Bailey, Dan DAL PK
    Prater, Matt DEN PK

Seahawks, Seattle SEA Def
    Texans, Houston HOU Def

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    I don't agree on Crabtree. He's been the #1 for Kaepernick since he took over at QB. He's going to have a big year if he's healthy.
    Exactly. He has been spotty. And, not that great of a FF player. Trust me, I tried for a few years as a Tech homer, but he has disappointed me every year.

Exactly. He has been spotty. And, not that great of a FF player. Trust me, I tried for a few years as a Tech homer, but he has disappointed me every year.
    Yep health is definitely an issue for him, I think the ceiling for Crabtree is 900yards/6tds even being the #1wr considering they are a running team and also have Stevie Johnson, Bolden, & Vernon Davis to take targets away

Quote Originally Posted by jsmith6919 View Post
    Yep health is definitely an issue for him, I think the ceiling for Crabtree is 900yards/6tds even being the #1wr considering they are a running team and also have Stevie Johnson, Bolden, & Vernon Davis to take targets away
    I will never again have Crabtree on one of my FF teams. Coming from a TTU fanatic, that is saying something.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    As an aside, I started with a group of guys in a Dynasty league this year. Never tried it before, but I'm looking forward to this team competing now and building on it. Didn't get near as many young talented rookies as I wanted, but I'm happy. My only gripe with the league is its "best ball" format. That takes the skill out of the league for the lazy players. Here's my roster.

Bortles, Blake JAC QB
    Manning, Eli NYG QB
    Rodgers, Aaron GBP QB

Bush, Reggie DET RB
    Foster, Arian HOU RB
    Rice, Ray BAL RB
    Sproles, Darren PHI RB
    Williams, DeAngelo CAR RB

Amendola, Danny NEP WR
    Austin, Tavon STL WR
    Johnson, Calvin DET WR
    Moore, Denarius OAK WR
    Smith, Steve BAL WR
    Welker, Wes DEN WR
    Williams, Terrance DAL WR

Amaro, Jace NYJ TE
    Eifert, Tyler CIN TE
    Gates, Antonio SDC TE

Bailey, Dan DAL PK
    Prater, Matt DEN PK

Seahawks, Seattle SEA Def
    Texans, Houston HOU Def
    I'd for sure try to add some youth especially at rb, maybe see if Grimes is available to handcuff Foster.

I will never again have Crabtree on one of my FF teams. Coming from a TTU fanatic, that is saying something.
    I'd have him on my team, just wouldn't pay much