Week 7 Gameday Chatter Thread | Cowboys vs Giants | 10/25/2015

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Calvin / Dez rule. Receiver doesn't complete the process going to the ground, so the ball is still live when it bounces into the air and is picked off by Carroll.
I get that but it looked to me like he controlled the ball then it was stripped right after he hit the ground. Eh. I'm well into six pack and wear bifocals.

data

Forbes #1
Man, if a WR is going to the ground, I as a defender am going to swat and swat at the ball or take hard hits at a WR lying on the ground to pop that ball out.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I get that but it looked to me like he controlled the ball then it was stripped right after he hit the ground. Eh. I'm well into six pack and wear bifocals.
The ball was contested to the ground and then control was lost by the receiver and retained by the defender who controlled it.

data

Forbes #1
...and, yes...Dez Bryant is the bad guy while Hardy is the belligerent one.

data

Forbes #1
That's what I would've ruled, even with the new rules.

He's not 'going to the ground', he's getting tackled. Having a 220-man hanging onto the ball for 4 steps is pretty exemplary of having control. The knee hits the ground before the ball is stripped out.

Again, if this is how the NFL rules it, punch, strip and hit the football/player even after he's down.

Last edited:

GShock

DCC 4Life

Poor Hardy. Not a good place to be if you're not a fan of sucking.

Last edited:

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
That's what I would've ruled, even with the new rules.

He's not 'going to the ground', he's getting tackled. Having a 220-man hanging onto the ball for 4 steps is pretty exemplary of having control. The knee hits the ground before the ball is stripped out.

Again, if this is how the NFL rules it, punch, strip and hit the football/player even after he's down.
The ball was equally possessed going to the ground. It was still contested on the ground. The defender gained control hence the interception.

data

Forbes #1
The ball was equally possessed going to the ground. It was still contested on the ground. The defender gained control hence the interception.
Not equal at all. Panther caught the ball and Eagle was trying to strip it.

data

Forbes #1
Nothing to do with the Packers playoff game outcome, how the NFL defines a catch nowadays pisses me off more than the ticky-tack shit called for Roughing the Passer.

I don't know why, but it does.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Not equal at all. Panther caught the ball and Eagle was trying to strip it.
Apparently by rule the receiver never possessed it or had a reception to begin with. Both had equal right to catch it and it wasn't controlled by anyone until they were both on the ground. That seems to be the way it was called.

data

Forbes #1
Apparently by rule the receiver never possessed it or had a reception to begin with. Both had equal right to catch it and it wasn't controlled by anyone until they were both on the ground. That seems to be the way it was called.
Well, obviously that's the way it was called.

I, obviously, disagree with the way it was called.

data

Forbes #1
RIght there, with Ertz rolling around the ground, I'm trying to punch the ball out.

Where and when his knee or elbow hits the ground no longer applies.

Top Bottom