Must See Movies

Carp

DCC 4Life
Not sure what my favorite baseball movie is...I'd like a more realistic one to be honest, most are kind of fluff pieces.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Yeah, Tombstone is great and Kilmer makes that movie.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I like Waterworld and The Road Warrior. Deal with it.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Not sure what my favorite baseball movie is...I'd like a more realistic one to be honest, most are kind of fluff pieces.
You trying to tell me that Major League wasn't realistic?

Blasphemy!

Carp

DCC 4Life
I preferred the Snipes version of Willie Mays Hayes.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Aside from the obvious central fantasy element, Little Big League strikes me as one of the more realistic in terms of what it's like in a clubhouse.

Newt

DCC 4Life
I like Waterworld and The Road Warrior. Deal with it.
People talk shit on waterworld, but I'll be real for a minute, I liked it. A lot.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
People talk shit on waterworld, but I'll be real for a minute, I liked it. A lot.
Since we are baring our souls I will also admit that I, too, enjoyed Waterworld.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Alltimer of an underrated actor--Kurt Russell. I hope he gets an Oscar, but he does not take roles where he will be considered.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I enjoyed the movie Big Fan, starring Patton Oswalt.

It didn't get a lot of buzz but I thought it was really well done.

D

Deuce

Alltimer of an underrated actor--Kurt Russell. I hope he gets an Oscar, but he does not take roles where he will be considered.
Hard to be considered underrated when you were one of the go-to guys in Hollywood for a decade.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Hard to be considered underrated when you were one of the go-to guys in Hollywood for a decade.
I never saw him on the same level as the bigger stars. Stallone, Arnold, Gibson, etc...Russell was never that big.

Carp

DCC 4Life
The original The Thing is still an alltimer for me...I loved Esacpe for New York as well.

D

Deuce

I never saw him on the same level as the bigger stars. Stallone, Arnold, Gibson, etc...Russell was never that big.
I thought he was, mostly because he was more versatile. Stallone and Arnold were strictly action guys. Russell could do that and be funny.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
The original The Thing is still an alltimer for me...I loved Esacpe for New York as well.
The Thing damaged my psyche.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
I thought he was, mostly because he was more versatile. Stallone and Arnold were strictly action guys. Russell could do that and be funny.
Arnold is funny. And you didn't like Stop, or My Mom Will Shoot? :unsure

Top Bottom