Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Damn, there goes our pass rush.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
:lol

No pass rush.

Claiborne has to start if he can get over his pussy hurting.

Webb might make the team.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I forgot.

Carr's mom just died.

That could just like affect him all year.

Doom, I say. Doom.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Bryant: What I Love Is Scandrick Won’t Accept Defeat

Posted 4 hours ago

Rowan Kavner

DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer

OXNARD, Calif. – The ball thrown to Dez Bryant started out similarly to the hundreds of other passes from Tony Romo that ended in the receivers’ hands in the back of the end zone.

Only this time, in Sunday’s practice, that jump ball pass was deflected by a leaping Orlando Scandrick, who was in perfect position and made a play few other corners have been able to throughout Bryant’s career and throughout this training camp.

Scandrick’s caught the eye of Bryant for more reasons than being one of the few corners healthy and on the field every day. It’s also because he’s becoming one of the best defenders on a defense in need of star performances. Bryant said Scandrick’s a leader of the defense.

“Scandrick’s playing with that chip on his shoulder,” Bryant said. “It seems like he’s getting bigger and bigger and bigger, which is outstanding.”

That comment about the 5-10 cornerback is more about his play than his height. Scandrick skied up to swat away the pass for Bryant during red zone 1-on-1’s. He followed that with tight coverage on Cole Beasley in the same drill and a pop on Dwayne Harris on a reverse during Sunday’s practice.

Scandrick’s play admittedly got in the head of Bryant, never one to shy away, who had some choice words for the corner later in the day. Bryant said he can get under another teammate’s skin, but at the end of the day, they’re shaking hands and joking around. After the practice, Bryant had nothing but compliments for Scandrick.

“What I’m loving the most is no matter what I say, he’s not going to accept defeat,” Bryant said. “That’s what you need. I know I’m not.”

Bryant can get animated during the course of practice, but he also talked about how he loves when players have a similar passion and attitude back toward him on the practice field.

“I love it,” Bryant said. “At the end of the day, you’re going to get a good result out of it.”

Scandrick has been the one starting corner on the field throughout training camp, with Brandon Carr out for personal reasons and Morris Claiborne missing time from a knee injury.

With a lot of players injured, the defense has had its struggles. But Scandrick’s performance in the last practice highlighted the defense’s best practice of camp, and Bryant said the struggles could be the result of going against a strong offense every day.

“I’m not going to take credit from us,” Bryant said. “We’re not a bad offense. It’s our job to go out there and produce, and there’s as well. They came out (Sunday) and they basically put it on us. We’ve got to come back and be stronger the next time.”
----------

So....

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Starting to rethink my decision to cancel the Ticket this year.

Could be fun watching how bad this defense will be.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Starting to rethink my decision to cancel the Ticket this year.

Could be fun watching how bad this defense will be.
Not me.

I am struggling to decide if I want to part with the cash for what means just fantasy football value.

This will be an epic shitstorm of epic proportions.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

JayGlazer
@JayGlazer

Just talked to Orlando Scandrick about his 4 game suspension. Says he took something in Mexico while on vacation and it texted positive on banned list for performance enhancer

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Searched for more news about the suspension, but only found that he just got dumped by a basketball wife.

Performance not enhanced enough.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member

JayGlazer
@JayGlazer

Just talked to Orlando Scandrick about his 4 game suspension. Says he took something in Mexico while on vacation and it texted positive on banned list for performance enhancer
Yeah, everyone that gets suspended has a pretty good story.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
:lol holy crap this defense is going to suck

jeebs

Brand New Member
the fish rots from the head down
That is not true. Throw a rotted bloated fish at a boat full of people and it explodes from the stomach out.

Last edited:
Top Bottom