Free Agency/Cuts/Signings Chatter Thread...

D

Deuce

Maybe. But the system may make him look better than he is. Look at Meachem.
Well I don't think he's getting $14M gaurenteed like Meachem, but he isn't someone we could pick up to play the slot for peanuts either. Detroit would do well to grab him.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
Saints release Sproles.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Holy crap. Are you kidding me?

Cotton

Staff member
That is stupid. Thank Jezus Vick will save them.

junk

Not So New Member
He is, but they have to dig themselves out of their own cap hole.
They are in better shape than Dallas right now, aren't they? They are like 2 million under with Sproles still on the roster and Graham franchised according to overthecap.

Cotton

Staff member
They are in better shape than Dallas right now, aren't they? They are like 2 million under with Sproles still on the roster and Graham franchised according to overthecap.
Yes.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
ESPN - Jaguars reach agreement with former Seahawks DT Red Bryant on four-year deal - league source

D

Deuce

Good for them. Bradley getting one of his guys to fill a need and they have plenty of money to spend.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Good for them. Bradley getting one of his guys to fill a need and they have plenty of money to spend.
If I were them, I'd go ahead and get Michael Bennett as well which would take care of a lot of their defensive needs.

Cotton

Staff member
Wait, I thought they couldn't reach an agreement during the soft part of free agency.

What am I missing?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Wait, I thought they couldn't reach an agreement during the soft part of free agency.

What am I missing?
Bryant was cut so he could be signed. I was referring to them getting Bennett Tuesday. They can negotiate with him right now.

D

Deuce

If I were them, I'd go ahead and get Michael Bennett as well which would take care of a lot of their defensive needs.
I would too, but Bennett doesn't have the connection with Bradley. I'm sure that makes a big difference.

Cotton

Staff member
Bryant was cut so he could be signed. I was referring to them getting Bennett Tuesday. They can negotiate with him right now.
Oh that's right. Didn't think about him being cut.

Top Bottom