LAPTOP STOLEN

vince

Not So New Member
Hey fellas,

So today my house was broken into and they ended up stealing some valuables including my MacBook. My question is directed at the tech savvy people on here and see if I can get some assistance before joining an Apply board for this.

The police stressed on retrieving the serial number to my MacBook in order to narrow down the suspects should the laptop be sold at a pawn shop. The laptop is a few years old and I no longer have any of the original booklets for it. My question is if information about the macbook can somehow be found on my iphone since the MacBook is the only device it has been synced with.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Jon88

Banned
I'm not sure, but I doubt your phone has its serial number.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
That sucks. I had an enclosed trailer full of equipment stolen from me a while back.

hstour

Brand New Member
Did you register it? If so and you can remember your login, you should be able to get the info from the Apple site.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
That sucks, Vince...sorry to hear.

I don't do apples.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Did you register it? If so and you can remember your login, you should be able to get the info from the Apple site.
I heard that Apple has a database of serial numbers and owners. If you know when and where you bought it, they can look up the serial number.

Top Bottom