Archer: Five questions with Barry Church

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Five questions with: Barry Church

July, 3, 2014

By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas -- With the players entering the downtime of the offseason, we offer up a Five Questions segment.

Today’s subject is Dallas Cowboys safety Barry Church.

Church led the Cowboys in tackles last year with 135. He had five tackles for a loss, one interception, six pass deflections, three forced fumbles and returned a fumble for a touchdown against the New York Giants. He did it after missing all but three games in 2012 because of a torn Achilles.

What is your first football memory?

Church: It would be playing Little League taking a kickoff return like 80 yards and I felt like I was the man on campus. I was maybe 12.

If you could play any other position, what would it be?

Church: I think I would be a cornerback just because they get put on an island and it’s just man to man. It’s the ultimate competition, so I’d definitely want to be a cornerback.

If you were NFL commissioner for a day, what rule would you change?

Church: Defenseless receiver. The penalty the defense gets hit for hitting a receiver. If you don’t hit him, he’s going to catch the ball and run whoever knows how far. I’d change that rule. That’s just me.

Who is the non-Cowboy you respect the most in the league?

Church: It’s got to be Peyton Manning just because the dedication he takes to the game. His knowledge of the game and how he studies each team and knows the ins and outs more than some of the players on that team do. I just respect his playmaking ability and also his love for the game, his study for it.

If you weren’t playing football, what would you be doing?

Church: I’d probably be at Fox Toledo broadcasting. I’d either be behind the scenes or I’d be an anchor over there. I had an internship with them when I was in college, but I got drafted, so I took that route instead.

Newt

DCC 4Life
Five questions with: Iamtdg

July, 3, 2014

IRVING, Texas -- With the posters entering the downtime of the offseason, we offer up a Five Questions segment.

Today’s subject is Iamtdg.

Iamtdg led all DCC.com posters with unfunny and ill-timed remarks while fulfilling all of his janitorial duties.

What is your first football memory?

Iamtdg: First of all, call me Cotton. My first memory would have to be when I tried to get tried to get everyone to help me buy a billboard, I was on the news and stuff, it was a pretty big deal. It never happened, but you know, it has to start somewhere. I hear someone stole my idea and put up a billboard in Tyler for Johnny Football. Good for them....

If you could be anything, what would it be?

Iamtdg: Well, I really like my janitor job, but if I had to choose I guess maybe a school cafeteria cook. I know that normally a woman's job, but I think I could be really good at it.

If you were NFL commissioner for a day, what rule would you change?

Iamtdg: ~looks up from watching world cup~ I'm sorry, what was the question?

Who is the non-Cowboy you respect the most in the league?

Iamtdg: It’s got to be Russell Wilson just because he's kinda black but you're not really sure after the windows phone commercial.

If you weren’t cleaning trash out of stadium seats, what would you be doing?

Iamtdg: I’d probably be at mowing the fields, it's something I've always dreamed of but never have been coordinated enough to use on of those fancy zero turn mowers and they tell me it would take to long on my snapper.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
:lol

I really fucking hate you right now.

Newt

DCC 4Life

p1_

DCC 4Life
Nice work, Newt. See, those puff pieces ARE good for something after all. Inspiration!

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Welcome back, Newt Rishun.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member

Newt

DCC 4Life
Top Bottom