Poll: Obama worst president since WWII

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Until Obamacare that was mostly for retards that had no income because they couldn't work or the disabled. If you had a minimum wage job with no benefits you still made too much for Medicaid in most states unless pregnant.
Oh bullshit.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Until Obamacare that was mostly for retards that had no income because they couldn't work or the disabled. If you had a minimum wage job with no benefits you still made too much for Medicaid in most states unless pregnant.
Then please tell me what you think everyone is entitled to even though they cannot afford to pay for it. Please present your list.

Last edited:

Kbrown

Not So New Member
I am for decentralizing the government as much as we can. Obamacare is destined for failure.

That said, I think everyone can agree that the system is/has been broken based on some of the anecdotes about doctors able to bypass insurance and charging two different prices to insurance companies and patients. So why in 8 years of a Republican president was healthcare reform never tackled, aside from the rhetoric about frivolous malpractice suits?

Also, framing everything as "us workin' folk" versus the "shitstain deadbeats" makes supposedly conservative people sound like assholes. It also comes off as pretty un-Christian (not that all conservatives are or claim to be Christians). Just saying.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Then please tell me what you think everyone is entitled to even though they cannot afford to pay for it. Please present ou list.
Since the country has a few greedy fucks controlling most of the money, I think that people who work for a living should be entitled to whatever they need for a basic level of living, including affordable health care.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Then please tell me what you think everyone is entitled to even though they cannot afford to pay for it. Please present ou list.
I think everyone in human society is entitled to have basic healthcare as a matter of Christian compassion. How we go about it is the rub of the debate.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Since the country has a few greedy fucks controlling most of the money, I think that people who work for a living should be entitled to whatever they need for a basic level of living, including affordable health care.
You are in America Bubb. You are entitled to pursue your needs and wants but you are not entitled to rely on someone else to furnish your needs or wishes.

Cotton

Staff member
You are in America Bubb. You are entitled to pursue your needs and wants but you are not entitled to rely on someone else to furnish your needs or wishes.
This is pretty much how I feel about it in a nutshell.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I am for decentralizing the government as much as we can. Obamacare is destined for failure.

That said, I think everyone can agree that the system is/has been broken based on some of the anecdotes about doctors able to bypass insurance and charging two different prices to insurance companies and patients. So why in 8 years of a Republican president was healthcare reform never tackled, aside from the rhetoric about frivolous malpractice suits?

Also, framing everything as "us workin' folk" versus the "shitstain deadbeats" makes supposedly conservative people sound like assholes. It also comes off as pretty un-Christian (not that all conservatives are or claim to be Christians). Just saying.
:buddy

2233boys

Not So New Member
Typical rhetoric and it does nothing but create division with no real solutions.

Affordable healthcare should be something all Americans can be able to attain. The reality is they can't because our system is screwed up. The affordable healthcare act likely isn't he solution but something has to be done to fix the problem.

Last edited:

2233boys

Not So New Member

I know some here aren't but many profess to be Christians Matthew 25:35-40

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Typical rhetoric and it does nothing but create division with no real solutions.

Affordable healthcare should be something all Americans can be able to attain. The reality is they can't because our system is screwed up. The affordable healthcare act likely isn't he solution but something has to be done to fix the problem.
The solution is to find a job and create your own destiny. For those that are truly needy there are plenty of programs to take care of them. These programs however are so badly abused that they have soured a lot of compassionate people into being skeptics. As to rhetoric what is there that is so detestable about telling someone to make your dreams and desires happen yourself? Everyone doesn't have the same advantages but everyone has the freedom to try to make something happen. As to the affordable healthcare program you are going to find out that is is less affordable than it was before it was enacted. The result will be that it is mandatory for everyone to purchase coverage at a rate higher than it was when they couldn't afford it in the first place.

shane

DCC 4Life

This notion that something must be done is idiotic and always makes the problem a million times worse. 'Affordable healthcare for all!' may look good on a sign or bumper sticker and give you the warm and fuzzies inside, but government control isn't going to accomplish that.

Cotton

Staff member
This notion that something must be done is idiotic and always makes the problem a million times worse. 'Affordable healthcare for all!' may look good on a sign or bumper sticker and give you the warm and fuzzies inside, but government control isn't going to accomplish that.
Correct.

2233boys

Not So New Member
The solution is to find a job and create your own destiny. For those that are truly needy there are plenty of programs to take care of them. These programs however are so badly abused that they have soured a lot of compassionate people into being skeptics. As to rhetoric what is there that is so detestable about telling someone to make your dreams and desires happen yourself? Everyone doesn't have the same advantages but everyone has the freedom to try to make something happen. As to the affordable healthcare program you are going to find out that is is less affordable than it was before it was enacted. The result will be that it is mandatory for everyone to purchase coverage at a rate higher than it was when they couldn't afford it in the first place.
Not everyone does have the same opportunities to suggest otherwise is dishonest. You have a job no health care through your employer, a family of four, half your paycheck a week or more goes to your insurance. Go Mr. Create your own destiny how is that family supposed to survive. Prescriptions are jacked up to make the most profit, a physical is $50-100. The cost are outrageous and Health insurance isn't affordable for the working poor. It just isn't.

I hope you never ever collect social security or Medicare. Create your own retirement mister I don't want to support you.

2233boys

Not So New Member
It isn't idiotic it just doesn't fit your political ideology so you don't like it. IMO Prices are inflated partly because of over priced drugs and liability insurance. Those issues can be addressed to bring costs down.

Cotton

Staff member
Not everyone does have the same opportunities to suggest otherwise is dishonest. You have a job no health care through your employer, a family of four, half your paycheck a week or more goes to your insurance. Go Mr. Create your own destiny how is that family supposed to survive. Prescriptions are jacked up to make the most profit, a physical is $50-100. The cost are outrageous and Health insurance isn't affordable for the working poor. It just isn't.

I hope you never ever collect social security or Medicare. Create your own retirement mister I don't want to support you.
Social Security is paid in by the employee, not by the gov't, hence not by other tax payers. And, Medicare taxes just went up last year... and get this... the additions only applied to the upper middle class and up. So, the more well off people are still being taxed even higher to pay for the poorer people in this country. It has trended this way for many decades in this country. Enough. There comes a time where some accountability is necessary to balance what has become unbalanced.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

You might want to read what he said a little closer. He said everyone DOESN'T have the same advantages, but they do have the freedom to try to make something happen. Not quite what you're saying here.

And your last line doesn't make sense. LT is retired, after working all his life. You don't think he paid into those programs? So how exactly would you be supporting him?

Cotton

Staff member
It isn't idiotic it just doesn't fit your political ideology so you don't like it. IMO Prices are inflated partly because of over priced drugs and liability insurance. Those issues can be addressed to bring costs down.
I do agree that lawyers and insurance companies are the bane of this country. They are why things like prescriptions and health care is so high. The amount of insurance a doctor has to carry is stupidly ridiculous to cover them against tort law and malpractice lawsuits.

2233boys

Not So New Member
You might want to read what he said a little closer. He said everyone DOESN'T have the same advantages, but they do have the freedom to try to make something happen. Not quite what you're saying here.

And your last line doesn't make sense. LT is retired, after working all his life. You don't think he paid into those programs? So how exactly would you be supporting him?
I said they didn't have the same opportunities. There is a difference between opportunities and advantages.

He supported the people before him, we are supporting him and our children will support us, or did you believe what he paid into social security when he was working is enough to cover him for the rest if his life?

For your reading pleasure http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2013/10/16/5-facts-about-social-security/
At its root Social Security is, and always has been, an inter-generational transfer of wealth. The taxes paid by today’s workers and their employers don’t go into a dedicated individual account, nor do Social Security checks represent a return on invested capital. (Although you might be forgiven for thinking so, since the “personalized Social Security statements” that used to be mailed out once a year and now are available online detail your payment history and projected monthly benefits.) Rather, the benefits received by today’s retirees are funded by the taxes paid by today’s workers; when those workers retire, their benefits will be paid for by the next generation of workers’ taxes

Top Bottom