Poll: Obama worst president since WWII

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
to be fair, nothing even close to 50% of the country voted for him. Hell, barely 50% of the country even votes. I didn't.

(And no, I don't lose my "right to complain" just because I hated both candidates in both of his elections. If someone decent had been available to vote for, I'd have voted for them.)
Bad candidates rely on people not showing up. They have a machine that clinches the outcome with a low turnout. You guarantee a bad candidate will likely win.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
If you flat out loathed W and Cheney the 2nd time around, enough to lose your vote after voting for them the first time, I'm curious as to what Obama did to earn your vote the 2nd time?
I didn't think we were as bad off as people on the right made it out to be. I thought the country was better overall compared to when he took office in 2009. And I agreed with his stance on military affairs and the US troop presence in the Middle East.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I didn't think we were as bad off as people on the right made it out to be. I thought the country was better overall compared to when he took office in 2009. And I agreed with his stance on military affairs and the US troop presence in the Middle East.
We are just going to have to disagree on this. I don't want to get into a chair throwing debate over it.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
I just didn't know they let your type in the US military. Worst racist human shit trashstains ever created... *drop of blood trickling from nostril*

BipolarFuk

Demoted
If you flat out loathed W and Cheney the 2nd time around, enough to lose your vote after voting for them the first time, I'm curious as to what Obama did to earn your vote the 2nd time?
He wasn't some POS billionaire just looking to add President of the United States to his resume so he could boast he did better than daddy.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
We are just going to have to disagree on this. I don't want to get into a chair throwing debate over it.
That's fine. I usually avoid political discussions because people usually get way too heated just because you have opposing views of how things should work.

The great thing about this country is that everyone doesn't have to think alike. It's okay to have opposing views. #Merica

Jiggyfly

Banned
Maybe not starting a freaking war on false pretenses and then showing no direction for said war 6 years after.

But hey tell what Obama did that's on par with that.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Simple Question to the Obama is the worst president ever people, give me the top 5 things he has done to earn this title in your minds.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Maybe not starting a freaking war on false pretenses and then showing no direction for said war 6 years after.

But hey tell what Obama did that's on par with that.
Cheney, errr, I mean Bush was a corrupt POS.

But Obama has been like what Jimmy Carter would have been with a bad opponent in 1980.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Simple Question to the Obama is the worst president ever people, give me the top 5 things he has done to earn this title in your minds.
You could flip that right back around. What are the top 5 things Obama has done to make the country better, especially considering he got a mandate with a second term?

Jiggyfly

Banned
You could flip that right back around. What are the top 5 things Obama has done to make the country better, especially considering he got a mandate with a second term?
I don't claim he is some great president so no you can't flip that around he is mediocre in my book.

But to say he is hands down the worst is laughable especially considering what the guy before him did.

To some people healthcare and ending the Iraq war were major things he did right but that is debateable, I want of list of things that put him in the WORST EVA category.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
I voted for him. Never received a government handout in my life and my wife and I are fully employed.

Same thing for the rest of my family but please continue with your rant.
It was those people that turned out in record numbers to vote- sometimes for the first time in their life- for the Great Obama.

I never said everyone that voted for Obama was on welfare, nor 21 years old...but they certainly helped his pathway to the Presidency.

Its not my rant...its been talked about and written about ad nauseum. Forbes estimated 92% of those on assistance voted for Obama. 72% of the people making less than 50K a year also voted for him.

But lets not let facts get in the way.

Last edited:

Jiggyfly

Banned
It was those people that turned out in record numbers to vote- sometimes for the first time in their life- for the Great Obama.

I never said everyone that voted for Obama was on welfare, nor 21 years old...but they certainly helped his pathway to the Presidency.

Its not my rant...its been talked about and written about ad nauseum. Forbes estimated 92% of those on assistance voted for Obama.

But lets not let facts get in the way.
And what does that supposed to mean does a person being on assistance automatically make them a negative vote?

And is this an Obama thing or a democratic thing?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
That's fine. I usually avoid political discussions because people usually get way too heated just because you have opposing views of how things should work.

The great thing about this country is that everyone doesn't have to think alike. It's okay to have opposing views. #Merica
Agreed 100%.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I don't claim he is some great president so no you can't flip that around he is mediocre in my book.

But to say he is hands down the worst is laughable especially considering what the guy before him did.

To some people healthcare and ending the Iraq war were major things he did right but that is debateable, I want of list of things that put him in the WORST EVA category.
The healthcare thing is an abomination. Not just for the everyday Joe but especially businesses. It will be his failed legacy.

As for Iraq, he killed Osama, something Cheney did not want to do. Big whoop.

The fact that you came up with maybe 1.5 reasons out of five tells me all I need to know.

Look, Dubya was a complete suckass, a complete puppet.

But Obama is not any better in terms of fixing what ails this country. And it is not like he was a figurehead. He had a real chance to do something and he went into the cornfield with idiocy.

In fact, I think Obama made things worse.

jeebs

Brand New Member
5 things obama has done? Lost the iraq war, losing Afghanistan war (the good war), obamacare, styming any immigration reform (yea repulicans stopped comprhenssive reform, but Obama is blocking any partial solutions), getting ran over by both china and russia, the economy has grown at the slowest post recession pace in the modern era, getting no trade deals done with anyone (and not even able to implement the ones bush negotiated), keystone pipeline.

It just goes on and on.

Last edited:

jeebs

Brand New Member
In fairness you could make a list for damn near any president. I think the most telling thing is when there is only bad on the list of accomplishments. Like for example, you have to dig hard for any good things bush 2 did.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
The healthcare thing is an abomination. Not just for the everyday Joe but especially businesses. It will be his failed legacy.

As for Iraq, he killed Osama, something Cheney did not want to do. Big whoop.

The fact that you came up with maybe 1.5 reasons out of five tells me all I need to know.

Look, Dubya was a complete suckass, a complete puppet.

But Obama is not any better in terms of fixing what ails this country. And it is not like he was a figurehead. He had a real chance to do something and he went into the cornfield with idiocy.

In fact, I think Obama made things worse.
Not to sidetrack the issue but has anyone ever seen any proof that Bin Laden was actually killed?

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I think it is sad how these presidents are scared out of their minds to make real progress with the immigration mess. Nobody wants to piss off the Mexicans. It is depressing to watch president after president having no courage whatsoever.

The best recent past president was Clinton. And trust me, that stings for me to have to say.

Top Bottom