Saints Stuff...

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Bullshit.

Cowboys coaches saw past the stats just like everyone else who actually watches this team did.

Michael has the most potential to be the #1 runner on this team.

He needs to get his act together, whatever it was that made Seattle trade him.
I don't agree with that. From what I've seen as a pro, I think Randle is a better runner. As a matter of fact, I saw a stat the other day that said Randle was actually ranked 3rd in the league in average yards per rush after contact. I'll see if I can find it and will post it.

The biggest issue with our running game is that the OL is under-performing.

Last edited:

1bigfan13

Staff member
Found it pretty easily.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't agree with that. From what I've seen as a pro, I think Randle is a better runner. As a matter of fact, I saw a stat the other day that said Randle was actually ranked 3rd in the league in average yards per rush after contact. I'll see if I can find it and will post it.

Randle is seriously the least of our problems on offense right now. I still think Christine Michael needs snaps but I think he should be used to spell Randle.

townsend

Banned
Found it pretty easily.

per attempt statistics are pretty misleading when you have a guy who's feast or famine like Randle. He didn't get any positive yardage in the 2nd half. He just broke some pretty huge early plays. That doesn't help if your defense is hung out to dry for an entire half.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
per attempt statistics are pretty misleading when you have a guy who's feast or famine like Randle. He didn't get any positive yardage in the 2nd half. He just broke some pretty huge early plays. That doesn't help if your defense is hung out to dry for an entire half.
He barely got any carries in the second half though. You can't judge a RB on 4 total carries either.

townsend

Banned
He barely got any carries in the second half though. You can't judge a RB on 4 total carries either.
85 yards of Randles 86 yard performance came in 3 plays. Like I said feast or famine. A power running game where a guy is good for several 4-7 yard runs is infinitely more useful.

1bigfan13

Staff member
85 yards of Randles 86 yard performance came in 3 plays. Like I said feast or famine. A power running game where a guy is good for several 4-7 yard runs is infinitely more useful.
But what exactly has Michael done to prove that he's a better option than Randle?

Seattle plays a ground and pound style of offense and they gave up on him. That doesn't give me a whole lot of confidence that he'll be able to come into Dallas and magically start churning out the tough yardage.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
But what exactly has Michael done to prove that he's a better option than Randle?

Seattle plays a ground and pound style of offense and they gave up on him. That doesn't give me a whole lot of confidence that he'll be able to come into Dallas and magically start churning out the tough yardage.
Thank You. Too much talk in here as if he is the next great RB.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Tony Romo, Dez Bryant will make trip to New Orleans

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer

IRVING, Texas -- Tony Romo and Dez Bryant won’t play Sunday against the New Orleans Saints, but the Dallas Cowboys' stars will make the trip.

Romo will miss his second game with a broken left collarbone. Bryant will miss his third game with a broken right foot.

The Cowboys can’t match the value Romo and Bryant bring on the field, but there is an off-field reason for them being on the sidelines during the game. Romo can serve as another set of eyes for his replacement, Brandon Weeden. Bryant can offer tips to receivers and serve as an emotional spark.

Bryant did not make the team's first road trip of the season to Philadelphia because it was less than a week after having surgery.

"We like to keep our team together, and just because they’re not playing because of an injury doesn’t mean they’re not part of the team," coach Jason Garrett said. "Those guys are great leaders on and off the field."

For the last week or so Bryant has been able to do conditioning work on his foot. He had been able to do some work in the anti-gravity treadmill that lessens the stress on the joints. Romo has also been able to do some conditioning work, in part to keep his core strong from his two back surgeries.

The Cowboys maintain hope that Bryant could be back Oct. 25 against the New York Giants. Romo is on the injured reserve/designated to return list and can practice again in a month and see his first action Nov. 22 against the Miami Dolphins.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
Cowboys may not have enough to beat Saints on Sunday

The New Orleans Saints have lost six straight home games and are winless on the season. The Cowboys have won 10 straight road games in the regular season, but are coming off a demoralizing loss to the Atlanta Falcons.

Drew Brees appears ready to return after a one-week absence. The last time the Cowboys played in New Orleans they gave up a league-record 40 first downs in 2013. The Cowboys have not been able to consistently rush the passer and were chewed up on the ground last week by the Falcons.

Can the Cowboys’ offense match Brees score for score? Without Tony Romo and Dez Bryant, that’s just too hard to imagine.

Saints 31, Cowboys 20

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Cowboys may not have enough to beat Saints on Sunday

The New Orleans Saints have lost six straight home games and are winless on the season. The Cowboys have won 10 straight road games in the regular season, but are coming off a demoralizing loss to the Atlanta Falcons.

Drew Brees appears ready to return after a one-week absence. The last time the Cowboys played in New Orleans they gave up a league-record 40 first downs in 2013. The Cowboys have not been able to consistently rush the passer and were chewed up on the ground last week by the Falcons.

Can the Cowboys’ offense match Brees score for score? Without Tony Romo and Dez Bryant, that’s just too hard to imagine.

Saints 31, Cowboys 20
So we're getting healthy 2013 Brees? Bullshit. That offense has gone stale and Jimmy Graham is in Seattle.

dallen

Senior Tech
Tony Romo, Dez Bryant will make trip to New Orleans

IRVING, Texas -- Tony Romo and Dez Bryant won’t play Sunday against the New Orleans Saints, but the Dallas Cowboys' stars will make the trip.

Romo will miss his second game with a broken left collarbone. Bryant will miss his third game with a broken right foot.

The Cowboys can’t match the value Romo and Bryant bring on the field, but there is an off-field reason for them being on the sidelines during the game. Romo can serve as another set of eyes for his replacement, Brandon Weeden. Bryant can offer tips to receivers and serve as an emotional spark.

Bryant did not make the team's first road trip of the season to Philadelphia because it was less than a week after having surgery.

"We like to keep our team together, and just because they’re not playing because of an injury doesn’t mean they’re not part of the team," coach Jason Garrett said. "Those guys are great leaders on and off the field."

For the last week or so Bryant has been able to do conditioning work on his foot. He had been able to do some work in the anti-gravity treadmill that lessens the stress on the joints. Romo has also been able to do some conditioning work, in part to keep his core strong from his two back surgeries.

The Cowboys maintain hope that Bryant could be back Oct. 25 against the New York Giants. Romo is on the injured reserve/designated to return list and can practice again in a month and see his first action Nov. 22 against the Miami Dolphins.
All a smoke screen to surprise NO when Dez plays this week

dallen

Senior Tech
The Saints don't get as much attention but they are imploding as hard as the Redskins

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
The Saints don't get as much attention but they are imploding as hard as the Redskins
Payton is turning into Mike Martz. I think he's better than that, but he'd better get back to innovating and stop thinking running the same offense for the 9th year in a row is still innovative.

Just shows how rare a real offensive genius like Dick Vermiel is. Comes out of retirement, builds the best passing offense in the NFL, retires, comes out of retirement again, builds the best running offense in the NFL. Damn.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

I could not disagree more. I think Michael is much better than Randle. Hopefully we'll get a chance to see it.

Randle is simply not very good. He'll bust a couple, but the majority of his runs are usually junk.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
So, the J has come out and hyped Michael, suggest Dez be used like Julio and said he wants to see more Escobar.

Wonder if this is just him talking out of his ass or he's dictating what he wants.

Top Bottom