2016 POTUS Election Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I think Trump might have a Sally Field moment.

Never seen that expression on his face before.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
First president-elect to have a Hacksaw Jim Duggan crowd.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Trump's kid lurking behind him, Spaulding-style.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Deadspin's leftover Gawker contingent is having an epic meltdown.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I remember when Trump started popping up in the news back in the NY/NJ area in the early 80's. If you had told me then that one day he would be president, I would have called you fifteen shades of crazy. I've always thought he was a boorish, bombastic, big mouthed ass but when it came to this election, he played his cards right. He was kind of clumsy at first but he learned politician speak/BS/telling the people that could get him elected what they wanted to hear.

Do I think he'll be a good or even moderately competent president? Nah, I doubt it but I'm used to that. I'll give him props for out scheming an internationally backed career politician though.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I never thought this was possible. What do I do now?

shane

DCC 4Life
It's 2016, and whitey still has some juice left in the voting box. Even if Trump turns out to be a complete disaster (which very well may be the case), the way he demolished that crooked bitch Hillary is serendipitous.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Chuck Todd just now, "Rural America has spoken".

Can't deny that.
Yeah pretty crazy seeing the county maps. Trump would win lile 95% of the counties in a state and Hillary would just kill it in a couple big cities to keep it close.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
What's with the lunatics rioting over the election?

They should be mad at their own party for pushing such a toxic and polarizing candidate to the forefront. Which is why I voted for Bernie Sanders. He's not a sexy choice and I don't agree with some of his ideology, but he has far less blood on his hands than Hillary.

Like I've been telling my friends for months, a ho-hum ticket of Sanders and Kaine probably wins this election rather comfortably. Instead, you had Clinton in a tooth and nail dogfight with a guy that even John Kerry probably would have thumped.

Dems learned a hard lesson last night. You can't just throw a person with warts like Clinton out there and assume that money and the media will secure a win.

Jiggyfly

Banned
They are actually regretful, like they are holding themselves responsible.

And they probably are.

Started sinking in for me when "anger" was the one telling theme from exit polls.

Still a bit shocking though. I felt confident that the disgust between the two candidates would be overridden by the ethnic and gender vote for Clinton.

Sounds to me that Joe Sixpack got off his ass and voted more.
This.

I have to give them credit for doing so I just hope they don't just sit back now and let things go back to business as usual.

What happens within the rest of Republican leadership will be very interesting.

Jiggyfly

Banned
When you get told year after year that you're a racist if you don't vote the right way, you hate women if you don't vote the right way, that the Hillary Clintons of the world represent the working class' interests... You say you're worried because your way of life is disappearing, and get told that you're just mad because minorities are gaining rights...

I still don't get Trump as the face of the backlash, but I get the backlash.
Backlash was the 1st thing I thought this morning.

This was some heavy duty push back.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Have to say it.

He has a point.
Dude, the spirit of SBK will come down on you with a fury you cannot handle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom