Machota - Parcells: Jerry Jones has been ‘reasonably successful’ as Cowboys GM

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Bill Parcells: Jerry Jones has been ‘reasonably successful’ as Cowboys GM; He has every right to do it his way

By Jon Machota
jmachota@dallasnews.com
11:46 am on January 22, 2014 |

Bill Parcells has the same feeling as most who follow the Dallas Cowboys closely, the Hall of Fame head coach doesn’t see Jerry Jones ever hiring a general manager.

Parcells, who worked for Jones as Cowboys head coach from 2003-2006, was asked during a Wednesday radio interview if he thinks Dallas needs to hire a GM to become successful in the future.

“Well, what all of us believe, or think, it’s not going to happen in Dallas,” Parcells told the Mike & Mike show on ESPN radio. “I think Jerry’s going to be the guy that’s the general manager. He’s got it set up that way. He’s got people he relies on, and quite frankly, it’s been reasonably successful for him. That’s the way he wants to do it, it’s his priority, he owns the team. And he has every right to do it the way he wants to.”

After three consecutive 5-11 seasons, Jones hired Parcells as head coach in 2003. Over the next four years, the Cowboys went 34-30, making the playoffs twice.

During an interview in July, Parcells said he enjoyed his time with the Cowboys and talked about there being a “misperception” about Jones.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
He was being diplomatic. The real answer, which he gave was, "Jerry's gonna do it the way he's gonna do it because he owns the team."

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He was being diplomatic. The real answer, which he gave was, "Jerry's gonna do it the way he's gonna do it because he owns the team."
I still cannot think of any reason why he would say he has been "reasonably" successful.

Must be senility creeping in.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I still cannot think of any reason why he would say he has been "reasonably" successful.

Unless it's code for "as successful as you can expect given that fucked up structure".

dallen

Senior Tech

Well, he is pretty good at keeping us average. We aren't ever the worst team in the league. Maybe that is what he meant?

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Reasonably successful means average, which is true. Not bad, not good.

data

Forbes #1
You got sucked. Ten Commandments violation - don't be a celebrity owner.

SfielDallas

Brand New Member

HE'S Probsbly laughing his ass off about it and knowing Jerry will use it to justify running the team for at least another 20 years.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
HE'S Probsbly laughing his ass off about it and knowing Jerry will use it to justify running the team for at least another 20 years.
Why?

Was there some chance he wasn't going to be running the team?

Top Bottom