User Tag List

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Should the Death Penalty be abolished

Quote Originally Posted by UncleMilti View Post
    I'm good with it. Get rid of the lethal injection though and bring back firing squads and the electric chair, and shorten the appeals process to 1 try. Longest a convicted murderer should be allowed to stay on Death Row is 1 year.

An eye for an eye....I feel no sorrow or sadness for those who are committed to death for killing another human being.
    There are a lot of mistakes, I would make the guilty threshold higher than reasonable doubt. I want witnesses or some such.

Quote Originally Posted by L.T. Fan View Post
    Revenge isn't sought it is offered by some states as a way of restitution to the victim's family. In order to keep the process at arms length and objectively it is accomplished through the judical system via a panel of juriorist. They distribute the revenge.
    So we are seeking revenge. That's what I thought. It's wrong, and just because it is done legally doesn't make it any less wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by 2233boys View Post
    So we are seeking revenge. That's what I thought. It's wrong, and just because it is done legally doesn't make it any less wrong.
    Revenge? I prefer to think that they lost the right to live in society as well as the right to be supported by society

Kill em and move on, it is a question of practicality

Quote Originally Posted by jeebs View Post
    lol, yea it was clay that took this debate to ridiculous extremes...
    Yeah it was, thanks for agreeing.

Quote Originally Posted by jeebs View Post
    Revenge? I prefer to think that they lost the right to live in society as well as the right to be supported by society
    Put them in jail, and it costs more for a death penalty sentence then it does to imprison someone for life in some states. Your position doesn't make sense if your using cost as a critical component unless all things are equal everywhere.

You're all over the place with your arguments. Thanks for supporting my thread though.
    Last edited by 2233boys; 07-24-2014 at 09:58 PM.

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    Making a punishment so that the person would suffer would certainly be unconstitutional.

Fair point about legalized murder. I won't use it anymore.

To me the death penalty only serves one purpose revenge and that bothers me.
    Revenge? Really? You think that's what the purpose of it is?

Put them in jail, and it costs more for a death penalty sentence then it does to imprison someone for life in some states. Your position doesn't make sense if your using cost as a critical component unless all things are equal everywhere.

You're all over the place with your arguments. Thanks for supporting my thread though.
    All over the place? No, I have a coherent nuanced position. My first post stated that as currently constructed I would abolish the death penalty (kills to many innocents, costs to much, and takes to long to kill the guilty), that said I do believe in the death penalty, and would support it if competently manage.

Only liberals could take a good idea (which they disagree with) then enact it so badly that their incompetence is their justification for not enacting said idea..

Quote Originally Posted by UncleMilti View Post
    I'm good with it. Get rid of the lethal injection though and bring back firing squads and the electric chair, and shorten the appeals process to 1 try. Longest a convicted murderer should be allowed to stay on Death Row is 1 year.

An eye for an eye....I feel no sorrow or sadness for those who are committed to death for killing another human being.
    This is my biggest problem with the system we have in place now. They are allowed to appeal too damn many times. How many times does it take? I'm tired of feeding them while they get to delay the system. I remember an argument we had on this board a few years ago with someone getting caught on camera killing someone, and yet it still took forever to enact justice. If someone is caught on camera killing someone, they die very soon. Not after 10 years.

11. The following user likes this post: