User Tag List

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Should the Death Penalty be abolished

Quote Originally Posted by Clay_Allison View Post
    Or kidnapping for "legalized" kidnapping. If you want to say due process is meaningless, don't be a hypocrite.
    Hypocrite? Where did I say due process was meaningless? You have taken the debate to a ridiculous extreme to try and make the case that sanctioned murder is ok.

I have said I have no issue with punishment, but killing someone isn't ethical, moral, and it isn't what a civilized country should support.

Quote Originally Posted by 2233boys View Post
    In the aftermath of the second botched execution recently what are your thoughts?

I think it should what do the rest of you say. I'll make a guess, bipolar may be the only one to agree with me perhaps no one will. I think it's unethical, immoral and unconstitutional.

I just found an article by Amnesty international that says it's also more expensive then life in prison trails. Millions could be saved specifically in court costs.

http://www.amnestyusa.org/our-work/i...h-penalty-cost
    Other links
    http://www.icomdp.org/arguments-agai...death-penalty/
    http://www.deathpenalty.org/section.php?id=13

Post your opinion and tell us why.
    It also unethical immoral and unconstitutional to commit murder. In this case two wrongs make a right.
    Since Day One

Hypocrite? Where did I say due process was meaningless? You have taken the debate to a ridiculous extreme to try and make the case that sanctioned murder is ok.

I have said I have no issue with punishment, but killing someone isn't ethical, moral, and it isn't what a civilized country should support.
    I think calling an execution "legalized murder" is taking it to a ridiculous extreme. There's no moral equivalence between the carrying out of a sentence agreed upon by a judge and jury and the premeditated murder of an innocent person.

I don't believe every human life is valuable. Most human lives are valuable. Some people are evil, they do nothing but harm to their fellow human beings. The entire world is better off without them.

What's the point of keeping someone in prison for 40 years, until they finally die on their own, paying for their food, their clothing, security, medical care? What are you trying to accomplish? What useful purpose could that serve? Get rid of them, be done with it.

Fair point about legalized murder. I won't use it anymore.

To me the death penalty only serves one purpose revenge and that bothers me.

Fair point about legalized murder. I won't use it anymore.

To me the death penalty only serves one purpose revenge and that bothers me.
    It bothers the victim's family and friend even more.
    Since Day One

Quote Originally Posted by L.T. Fan View Post
    It also unethical immoral and unconstitutional to commit murder. In this case two wrongs make a right.
    How so? We are revenge seekers now?

Quote Originally Posted by L.T. Fan View Post
    It bothers the victim's family and friend even more.
    So revenge is going to give them peace? I don't see it that way, to me if I was after revenge making the person be caged their entire life would be more satisfying.
    Last edited by 2233boys; 07-24-2014 at 09:26 PM.

El Other Presidente' UncleMilti's Avatar
    I'm good with it. Get rid of the lethal injection though and bring back firing squads and the electric chair, and shorten the appeals process to 1 try. Longest a convicted murderer should be allowed to stay on Death Row is 1 year.

An eye for an eye....I feel no sorrow or sadness for those who are committed to death for killing another human being.

How so? We are revenge seekers now?
    Revenge isn't sought it is offered by some states as a way of restitution to the victim's family. In order to keep the process at arms length and objectively it is accomplished through the judical system via a panel of juriorist. They distribute the revenge.
    Since Day One

lol, yea it was clay that took this debate to ridiculous extremes...