Machota - Jones: Record 'is not an Armageddon issue' in determining Garrett's future

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Remember when Parcells had the same squabble and he still came to the Cowboys...
Parcells is the outlier. Three straight 5-11 seasons with Campo and Jerry needed a quick fix to get support for his new stadium. That was the one and only time since Jimmy that Jerry brought in a quality HC. After BP left Jerry quickly took the controls back and promptly gave us Wade and Garrett.

Keep dreaming but Jerry won't give up control and walk on egg shells again.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Parcells is the outlier. Three straight 5-11 seasons with Campo and Jerry needed a quick fix to get support for his new stadium. That was the one and only time since Jimmy that Jerry brought in a quality HC. After BP left Jerry quickly took the controls back and promptly gave us Wade and Garrett.

The only chance of us seeing a significant change will be if both the Cowboys and Romo have awful seasons.

I think Stephen and some of that camp will approach Jerry about the idea of rebuilding. I'm not saying it will happen, just that I think there's enough sense with the younger Jones' that they'll at least contemplate the idea and bring it to Jerry's attention when he otherwise would just stick with the status quo.

If they start talking rebuild, then certainly you have to start talking about the right coaches for that. Then that opens up another conversation entirely.

Again, I'm not saying it will happen, just that I think there's a chance they'll at least talk about it if both the team and Romo's future looks bleak.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
The only chance of us seeing a significant change will be if both the Cowboys and Romo have awful seasons.

I think Stephen and some of that camp will approach Jerry about the idea of rebuilding. I'm not saying it will happen, just that I think there's enough sense with the younger Jones' that they'll at least contemplate the idea and bring it to Jerry's attention when he otherwise would just stick with the status quo.

If they start talking rebuild, then certainly you have to start talking about the right coaches for that. Then that opens up another conversation entirely.

Again, I'm not saying it will happen, just that I think there's a chance they'll at least talk about it if both the team and Romo's future looks bleak.

I do agree that the only way it'll happen is if Stephen gets a say in it. But if it's up to Jerry, then a new HC will just be rearranging the deck furniture on the Titantic. He'll never relinquish control to a bonafide HC if it's up to him.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
I do agree that the only way it'll happen is if Stephen gets a say in it. But if it's up to Jerry, then a new HC will just be rearranging the deck furniture on the Titantic. He'll never relinquish control to a bonafide HC if it's up to him.
Pretty much. We all know that we're doomed to have Jerry's bullshit rammed down our throats until he dies. He's not going to concede power and control again because he's convinced that he, and only he, is the one to run this team. We're not going to have a GM of even reasonable quality, nor will we get a good head coach. Considering the fact that Jerry will do nothing but undermine and emasculate them before the ink even has time to dry on the fucking contract, why would any reputable coach want to come here?

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I'd rather have a good coach that Jerry interferes with when he's not busy with hookers than this incompetent ass who would fail with the best front office in history.

shane

DCC 4Life

Maybe if the Cowboys go 2-14 or something. That's the only hope at this point, sadly.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Id say it looks pretty fucking bleak at this point.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Top Bottom