Hoax of the Century

Irving Cowboy

DCC 4Life
You do realize it would have taken thousands of people to pull this off, and that every one of them has remained completely silent or had to have been killed in the past 13 years, right? What are the chances of that? I'd say a lot slimmer than the chance that any of the 19 hijackers are still alive or that some schlub was hired to plant thermite in the WTC in the months prior to 9/11.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
You do realize it would have taken thousands of people to pull this off, and that every one of them has remained completely silent or had to have been killed in the past 13 years, right? What are the chances of that? I'd say a lot slimmer than the chance that any of the 19 hijackers are still alive or that some schlub was hired to plant thermite in the WTC in the months prior to 9/11.
Possibly.

But I'll never buy the fact that jet fuel melted or compromised the steel support beams enough to collapse the buildings.

Do I think there was some sinister plot by our gov't to mislead the U.S.? No, but I think there are some "facts" that have been hidden from the public.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
But I'll never buy the fact that jet fuel melted or compromised the steel support beams enough to collapse the buildings.
That's one of the things that makes the most sense. All it takes is one beam to melt and be compromised. (And it doesn't have to completely melt. Only weaken, where the weight above it will cause it to bend, then collapse.) When it collapses, the weight above it just makes the next one collapse easier. And so on, and so on...

The same thing happens in oil rig fires. The A frame of a drilling rig gets hot enough where it starts to bend. As soon as it does, the weight above it comes crashing down. Or on a workover rig, the bottom derrick girts will melt, causing everything above to come down. You can google rig fires and see them coming down just as I described.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
That's one of the things that makes the most sense. All it takes is one beam to melt and be compromised. (And it doesn't have to completely melt. Only weaken, where the weight above it will cause it to bend, then collapse.) When it collapses, the weight above it just makes the next one collapse easier. And so on, and so on...

The same thing happens in oil rig fires. The A frame of a drilling rig gets hot enough where it starts to bend. As soon as it does, the weight above it comes crashing down. Or on a workover rig, the bottom derrick girts will melt, causing everything above to come down. You can google rig fires and see them coming down just as I described.
Yeah, steel will actually burn if the temp is high enough and jet fuel burns hot.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member

I agree, but the big problem is the WTC steel was UL rated to retain 98% of its strength at 2000 degrees C. On top of that, the steel columns were designed to support 5x the actual weight of the WTC building.

I cannot remember the exact specs, but Jet fuel can only reach 350-500 degrees C in an open air environment. Thats far short of the 2000 degrees needed to even compromise the steel in the WTC 2%.

Like I said, I am not a believer in the "big conspiracy" theory but for every engineer who claims the WTC steel was compromised is another engineer who says no way.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I agree, but the big problem is the WTC steel was UL rated to retain 98% of its strength at 2000 degrees C. On top of that, the steel columns were designed to support 5x the actual weight of the WTC building.

I cannot remember the exact specs, but Jet fuel can only reach 350-500 degrees C in an open air environment. Thats far short of the 2000 degrees needed to even compromise the steel in the WTC 2%.

Like I said, I am not a believer in the "big conspiracy" theory but for every engineer who claims the WTC steel was compromised is another engineer who says no way.
It was built in NY, not the first time the Unions/Mafia Families that build things there there used substandard materials and lied.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Why only 'the century'? What other hoax prevents 9/11 from being the All-Time hoax - the Bible/existence of God, Holocaust, Milli Vanilli?
Do you believe these are all hoaxes, or is this just an attempt at a joke/shit stirring?

Clarification is needed so I know if I should laugh with you or at you.

Top Bottom