Watkins: Are coaching changes needed?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Are coaching changes needed?

January, 12, 2014

By Calvin Watkins | ESPNDallas.com

The Cowboys enter the offseason with potential changes to the roster and the coaching staff.

We've examined whether or not the Cowboys need personnel changes, today we take a look at key members of the coaching staff.

Jason Garrett. The head coach is coming back for the final year of his contract. You can be disappointed in this because Garrett hasn't pushed the Cowboys into the postseason in three seasons as the full-time coach. Then again, the Cowboys have failed to reach the postseason with a loss in the regular-season finale against a divisional opponent. Jerry Jones said Garrett's arrow is pointing up. Is it?

Bill Callahan. In his first season as playcaller, Callahan led a offense that finished 16th overall, 14th as a passing offense and 24th in rushing. It was a difficult move for Callahan who is used to working with West Coast offenses and he made an adjustment to a timing-based offense. Garrett moved quarterbacks coach Wade Wilson from the sideline to the press box to help Callahan with reading defenses. Callahan might get another season as the offensive coordinator/playcaller just to keep continuity with the offense.

Monte Kiffin. The defensive coordinator struggled badly in 2013. His defense finished last overall, 27th against the run and 30th against the pass. Kiffin dealt with injuries to numerous players and down seasons from DeMarcus Ware and Bruce Carter. It seemed Kiffin's defense doesn't fit the personnel; he's a zone guy, with man corners. But Kiffin made the adjustment in allowing the corners to play more man. It just seemed he was overmatched most games.

Rich Bisaccia. The special teams coach improved the unit with the play of Dwayne Harris, who finished third in punt returns and second in kick returns. Dan Bailey converted 93.3 percent of his field goal attempts, which included making 20 consecutive field goals. Bisaccia interviewed for two head coaching jobs this offseason, which let the Cowboys know how valued he is around the league.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Needed?

Yes.

Will any happen?

No.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Why would he feel the need to change anything when he has that stadium?
Also that the Dallas media are such pussies

Carl

RIP Brother
27th against the run and 30th against the pass. Talk about an unholy alliance.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

p1_

DCC 4Life
Ill go yall one better. I paid fucking good coin to attend the Sea/NO playoff yesterday in the pouring rain. Those
fans are L-O-U-D. Unreal.

I just might attend the NFC title too. Fucking rain again I bet.

That's what I think of this sadass franchise.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Ill go yall one better. I paid fucking good coin to attend the Sea/NO playoff yesterday in the pouring rain. Those
fans are L-O-U-D. Unreal.

I just might attend the NFC title too. Fucking rain again I bet.

That's what I think of this sadass franchise.
Saw on nfln that fans there actually caused a small earthquake when Lynch scored, but they can't beat our poledancers and art and stuff..

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Saw on nfln that fans there actually caused a small earthquake when Lynch scored, but they can't beat our poledancers and art and stuff..
Scoring with the running game? FUCK THAT! Our faggot head coach is too smart to try to do that.

Top Bottom