Machota: Anthony Spencer has started running, has no doubts he will play this season

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Anthony Spencer has started running, has no doubts he will play this season
By Jon Machota
jmachota@dallasnews.com
4:16 pm on June 12, 2014 | Permalink

IRVING – Anthony Spencer has taken the next step in his recovery from microfracture surgery on his left knee. The Dallas Cowboys defensive end, who had the operation performed in October, has started running on the Valley Ranch practice fields.

Spencer said Thursday that he’s hopeful his progression will lead to lateral movements in a couple more weeks.

“Not being able to walk, to being able to walk, to being able to run, I feel good about it,” Spencer said.

Although he acknowledges that he could open training camp next month on the physically unable to perform list, Spencer is confident he’ll make a return this season.

“I’m sure other people have their doubts,” Spencer said. “I don’t have any doubts.”

The recovery time for that type of procedure is 6-12 months.

New Orleans wide receiver Marques Colston has had microfracture surgery on each of his knees since 2011. In the three seasons since, the 31-year-old has played in 45 games, catching 238 passes for 3,240 yards and 23 touchdowns.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
New Orleans wide receiver Marques Colston has had microfracture surgery on each of his knees since 2011. In the three seasons since, the 31-year-old has played in 45 games, catching 238 passes for 3,240 yards and 23 touchdowns.
Finally a microfracture success story. Hopefully Spencer can follow suit.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Hopefully Selvie, Lawrence, Crawford, and Mincey can be adequate every down types and Spencer can strictly be a pass rush guy until he builds stamina.

Top Bottom