NBA Chatter Thread

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I'm glad the Rockets lost and got matched up with the Thunder just for the Harden/Thunder storyline.

It's not like it really mattered whether they played the Thunder or Spurs so at least this is a bit more entertaining.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I'm also interested in the Boston-NY series.

NY should win but they've been so bad in the post-season over the last 13 years that I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Boston pull off the upset.

Carp

DCC 4Life
The Lakers have no shot against either team. Once again the Spurs are overlooked as some patsy.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I'm also interested in the Boston-NY series.

NY should win but they've been so bad in the post-season over the last 13 years that I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Boston pull off the upset.
Boston is getting love because of their past playoff performances...the current team is just not very good.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Boston is getting love because of their past playoff performances...the current team is just not very good.
I agree with this but a part of me thinks they've been coasting over the last couple of months. Doing just enough to get into the post-season.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I agree with this but a part of me thinks they've been coasting over the last couple of months. Doing just enough to get into the post-season.
I'm kind of a Knicks whore...I just like the way they are playing right now.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
The Lakers have no shot against either team. Once again the Spurs are overlooked as some patsy.
They had no shot at winning a single game vs. OKC, against the spurs they could win a couple and make it more interesting.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Neither is real appealing to me...they aren't getting out of the first round.

D

Deuce

That's been Boston's MO since halfway through their championship season. So that alone gives me hope. But at some point age will take over. I wouldn't be shocked if they get swept in the 1st round or if they take out Miami in the ECF.

D

Deuce

I'm kind of a Knicks whore...I just like the way they are playing right now.
They are fun to watch, but they don't play a sustainable style of play for the playoffs. They won't hit 3's like crazy and you can't not play D.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
They are fun to watch, but they don't play a sustainable style of play for the playoffs. They won't hit 3's like crazy and you can't not play D.
Agreed.

They might make the ECF just because the conference is so weakened with Rondo being out, the Bulls myriad of injuries on top of Rose still being out and Granger as well. I think a Pacers/Knicks series would be a toss up though.

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
Three things:

1.) Props to Boston, I didn't give them a chance of making the playoffs when the season began.

2.) That injury to Kobe is brutal at his age, but if there is anyone who would come back from that and dominate just to prove he could, it's him. I have him up there with Jordan as one of the GOATS.

3.) It must suck to be the Knicks and know that you can probably get to the ECF, yet have no chance against Miami. The Heat is a well oiled machine and I see them rolling to another title.

Carp

DCC 4Life
The Knicks were 7th in the league in points allowed and are 6th in point differential, but if you hear Deuce and Simp tell it they never play defense.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
The Knicks were 7th in the league in points allowed and are 6th in point differential, but if you hear Deuce and Simp tell it they never play defense.
They play much better under Woodson than they did under D'Antoni, but I guess some reps are hard to break.

To be honest, I don't see NY being this solid defensive team either, but I guess we'll find out where they truly stand on that end in a few days.

Last edited:

Carp

DCC 4Life
I would say they are a solid defensive team, but they can get stops which some are saying they can't. With a guy like Chandler you are always going to get stops and Martin is nice to have in a playoff run. It is a joke to say Indiana is a toss up with them.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Watching Fresh Prince this morning on TBS reminded me of my favorite NBA gif:

1bigfan13

Staff member
Apparently the Cavaliers are seriously considering bringing Mike Brown back as head coach.

They fired him after a 61 win season in 2010.

Top Bottom