L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

I do not agree with this at all.
Live with it. :art

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Sounds a lot like a dumbass prank. I don't have a problem with it. Poor judgment yes but hardly something to kill his career over.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life

Actually this makes total sense as would almost any non-drug related non-felony.

Garrett has a football team to run and isn't a judge or DA.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Sounds a lot like a dumbass prank. I don't have a problem with it. Poor judgment yes but hardly something to kill his career over.
Prank or not, he's a thief. And an idiot, apparently.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Actually this makes total sense as would almost any non-drug related non-felony.

I want to see Williams called up, okay?!

:unsure

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I want to see Williams called up, okay?!

:unsure
He had a pretty nice run against the Seahawks. Was actually a very clutch play. I want to see Williams as well but Joseph Randle hasn't done anything on the field this year to make me disappointed in him or to make me think he should be replaced by Williams.

The only bad thing out of Randle this year is this extremely minor stealing charge. The type of thing a lot of young people do at one point or another. Of course by 22 years old you should be past it.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Seriously, I can't believe I'm actually for keeping Joseph Randle but he's done enough to make me want to see more. I just hope he can last a series without actually penalizing the team.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

To me, it sends the message that he's not dedicated enough to football if he's off doing this in the middle of the season and he's willing to jeopardize his ability to play football over something so stupid. It also makes me think he's pretty stupid.

He's not a good enough player to give the benefit of the doubt or dick around with 2nd and 3rd chances, especially since we have a player at least as good we can call up.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I have no problem with the punishment the Cowboys handed out. I certainly wouldn't cut him over this. It was one incident. Unless I'm mistaken he didn't get in trouble on college and this is his first known incident as a pro.

Besides, if I'm not mistaken a fine is pretty much what the average guy or gal off the street would receive if they were caught stealing less than $150 from a store. Maybe a little community service and/or a short jail sentence depending on your priors but not much more than that.

Is he a bit of a knucklehead? Yes. But let's stop acting like he committed a capital crime and that he needs to be dealt with severely.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I have no problem with the punishment the Cowboys handed out. I certainly wouldn't cut him over this. It was one incident. Unless I'm mistaken he didn't get in trouble on college and this is his first known incident as a pro.

Besides, if I'm not mistaken a fine is pretty much what the average guy or gal off the street would receive if they were caught stealing less than $150 from a store. Maybe a little community service and/or a short jail sentence depending on your priors but not much more than that.

Is he a bit of a knucklehead? Yes. But let's stop acting like he committed a capital crime and that he needs to be dealt with severely.
I am more concerned about how this makes him appear as a teammate.

You want to hand the ball to a guy with the game on the line who took a tester bottle and underwear?

It just tells me he is an incredibly stupid immature person who uses poor judgment. I'd cut him based on those traits alone.

I know it is ugly sounding, but if I am in a foxhole, I would take a psycho over a dumbass.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
it's like the Keith Davis situation a little bit (even though Davis was actually a victim and didn't commit a crime). You can't put yourself in positions like this. Randle wilfully and deliberately committed a crime for the fun of it, and put the Cowboys and himself in a bad light, and he didn't care. He potentiality put his career in jeopardy and didn't care. What else might he not care about? The playbook? The gameplan? Staying in shape?

Can't trust the player at this point.

At least with Brent, for all he knew he was just out partying and nothing bad might have happened. Nothing good comes from what Randle did.

Top Bottom