Week 13 Thursday Night Gameday Chatter | Cowboys vs Vikings | 12-1-2016

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Look at that X. :towel

townsend

Banned
Love it. First in the NFL to clinch. :towel
Not that it's a surprise at this juncture, but it means a lot to make it back to the tournament after such a shit 2015. I think we all needed to believe 2014 wasn't a fluke. This proved it, we have a system here, and it fucking works.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wouldn't. Take the 8 pt lead, and force them to have to make the 2 pt try to tie.

Look at how that worked out for us just a few days ago.
I agree, it's difficult enough for a team to get a TD. But then they have a 2 point play they must convert in order to have a chance of winning in over time. Seems like pretty stacked odds.

townsend

Banned
Next week the division, week after that the bye, week after that home field throughout.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Next week the division, week after that the bye, week after that home field throughout.
Actually, we can clinch homefield throughout next week.

data

Forbes #1
They didn't shut Bell down very well.
Look at Bell's stats at the half and end of 3rd qtr when the game was <1 score. Bell gained most of his yards in the 4th quarter when game was 2+ scores.

Again, we don't hold the Giants to zero 1st half points nor 7 points through 3 quarters.

Last edited:

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Actually, we can clinch homefield throughout next week.
All we need is Seattle and Detroit to take a loss. The Falcons have already taken a loss. I actually think Seattle has a better chance at taking the loss. The Lions get the Bears so hope the "any given sunday" rule applies.

townsend

Banned
Look at Bell's stats at the half and end of 3rd qtr when the game was <1 score. Bell gained most of his yards in the 4th quarter when game was 2+ scores.

Again, we don't hold the Giants to zero 1st half points nor 3 points through 3 quarters.
We held the redskins to 6 points through 3 quarters.

data

Forbes #1
I'd say against the Vikes having the 8 point lead worked out well for us.
I wouldn't. Take the 8 pt lead, and force them to have to make the 2 pt try to tie.

Look at how that worked out for us just a few days ago.
Whether you go for 2 or not, you still count on defense preventing a TD in the first place. So it becomes a case of comparing chances of Dak/Zeke converting a 2-pointer vs defense preventing a 2-pointer.

We won the Vikings game, but that doesn't mean going for 2 would've been the wrong decision.

I don't necessarily disagree with kicking the XP, especially with a Sam Bradford-led offense, but overall in the NFL, wondering if going for 2 is even considered. I don't think I've seen it once.

data

Forbes #1
Love that Pittsburgh fake-WR-screen-throw-to-blocking-WR play. Got a TD tonight vs Giants and caught us for a 40 yard play on their last TD drive.

data

Forbes #1
:lol

Newton benched on opening play for undisclosed reasons. Derek Anderson throws INT on first play from scrimmage.

:picard

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
but overall in the NFL, wondering if going for 2 is even considered. I don't think I've seen it once.
There's a reason for that. Because it is stupid. You only go for two when you have to.

Look at how many times it's bit the Steelers in the ass. Our game against them was a prime example of it.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
:lol

Newton benched on opening play for undisclosed reasons. Derek Anderson throws INT on first play from scrimmage.

:picard
Glad to see there was some real consequences for the Panthers for that decision.

Benching a player for one play/series is silly. It's fake discipline. If a player breaks a team rule and it warrants a benching, bench him for the entire half or the entire game. Send a real message.

I'm glad this blew up in the Panthers' face.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Whether you go for 2 or not, you still count on defense preventing a TD in the first place. So it becomes a case of comparing chances of Dak/Zeke converting a 2-pointer vs defense preventing a 2-pointer.

We won the Vikings game, but that doesn't mean going for 2 would've been the wrong decision.

I don't necessarily disagree with kicking the XP, especially with a Sam Bradford-led offense, but overall in the NFL, wondering if going for 2 is even considered. I don't think I've seen it once.
Yes it does. Using hindsight we know that there is a 100% chance of winning by not going for 2. If we had gone for 2 there is probably somewhere around a 50% chance of going into overtime. So using hindsight we absolutely made the right decision.

It's not as simple as, do you trust your offense more or your defense more.

Top Bottom