Record projections for all 32 NFL teams in 2014

hstour

Brand New Member
If Romo stays upright, this team has the potential to be a top 10 offense (16th in yards, 5th in points last year).

In the 14 seasons since 2000, top ten offenses have finished with a 6-10 record seven times (5%), but no team over that span recorded a worse W/L record. Five more teams had a record of 7-9. On the other hand, 96 of those 140 teams (69%) finished with a record of 10+ wins.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
If Romo stays healthy this team can win anywhere between 7 and 11 games, and will likely win 8 or 9. If he misses significant time there is no knowing what depths this team could reach.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
If Romo stays upright I think this team can win 10 games.
Yea, sure.

He was healthy for most of the last 3 seasons and the most they could muster is 8.

This team is worse on paper now than it was going into any if the last 3 seasons, so why are they going to win 10 games this year?

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
If Romo stays upright, this team has the potential to be a top 10 offense (16th in yards, 5th in points last year).

In the 14 seasons since 2000, top ten offenses have finished with a 6-10 record seven times (5%), but no team over that span recorded a worse W/L record. Five more teams had a record of 7-9. On the other hand, 96 of those 140 teams (69%) finished with a record of 10+ wins.
How many of those teams had a head coach that gave away games every season?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Yea, sure.

He was healthy for most of the last 3 seasons and the most they could muster is 8.

This team is worse on paper now than it was going into any if the last 3 seasons, so why are they going to win 10 games this year?
There will be improvement on both sides of the line and that will make a difference.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
The defense will be much improved mainly because it will be counting on many young draft picks from the start and not a bunch of old fail. It's almost a blessing for Lee to bring his annual fail right now while the team has a chance to get his replacements working in a proper rotation. If they start rotating 15 players up front from now on, we can see an average defense.

The offense will maintain status quo if Terrance Williams can adjust to being a #2 WR, the powers-that-be finally decide to run the fucking football, and we find some depth for DeMarco Murray.

Top 5 offense from last year + average defense == 8-10 wins.

data

Forbes #1
If everything clicks just right, we could win the Super Bowl.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I think it's completely possible that this team only wins 3 games even with a healthy Romo.

Hell, he played the practically the entire first half of the 2010 season and they only win 1 game with him as the starter.

That said, I'm sticking with my 6 win prediction. Although, I'll be fine with 3 wins and the higher draft pick.

Plus only winning 3 games should be enough to get Garrett fired.

Carp

DCC 4Life
There is no way we only win 3 games...particularly with Romo. The offense can win games alone...and I am cautiously optimistic about the defense...even without Lee. 7-10 wins is what we are looking at.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I think it's completely possible that this team only wins 3 games even with a healthy Romo.

Hell, he played the practically the entire first half of the 2010 season and they only win 1 game with him as the starter.

That said, I'm sticking with my 6 win prediction. Although, I'll be fine with 3 wins and the higher draft pick.

Plus only winning 3 games should be enough to get Garrett fired.
Dallas was competitive in almost every game last season and with better coaching and game plan strategy they could have won 10.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Stats and stuff.

Cotton

Staff member
How many of those teams had a head coach that gave away games every season?
Or defenses that were the worst in the league and didn't really improve in the offseason.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Dallas was competitive in almost every game last season and with better coaching and game plan strategy they could have won 10.
Good thing we replaced the vast majority of last years coaching staff then right?

Oh, yea.

Cotton

Staff member
The defense will be much improved mainly because it will be counting on many young draft picks from the start and not a bunch of old fail. It's almost a blessing for Lee to bring his annual fail right now while the team has a chance to get his replacements working in a proper rotation. If they start rotating 15 players up front from now on, we can see an average defense.

The offense will maintain status quo if Terrance Williams can adjust to being a #2 WR, the powers-that-be finally decide to run the fucking football, and we find some depth for DeMarco Murray.

Top 5 offense from last year + average defense == 8-10 wins.
Just because they are younger doesn't mean they will automatically be better. We will see how TC goes, but I don't see a ton of improvement on the defensive side of the ball regardless of how many picks we used on it.

Cotton

Staff member
If everything clicks just right, we could win the Super Bowl.
Yeah, and if Romo finally became elite we would be at the gloryhole/land.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Just because they are younger doesn't mean they will automatically be better. We will see how TC goes, but I don't see a ton of improvement on the defensive side of the ball regardless of how many picks we used on it.
Well then.............You know.

Cotton

Staff member
There is no way we only win 3 games...particularly with Romo. The offense can win games alone...and I am cautiously optimistic about the defense...even without Lee. 7-10 wins is what we are looking at.
Yeah, I don't see any way we go 3-13. But, I can see us going 5-11 or so if Romo goes out.

Cotton

Staff member
But, they have basically the same coaching, and basically the same strategy even with the one new coach they brought in. Keep hope alive, LT.

Cotton

Staff member
Dallas did bring in some coaching staff.
One coach of consequence. Who else besides Linehan is supposed to make this coaching staff so much better?

Top Bottom