Williams: Tony Romo: "When I'm done with the Dallas Cowboys...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Tony Romo: "When I'm done with the Dallas Cowboys, I promise I will have left my entire body with that team"

Tony Romo didn't do a ton Tuesday, but he did enough at the team's first organized team activity of the year to satisfy everyone.

"You want to make sure that you don’t do anything to have what is called a setback," Romo said in his first group interview since postgame of the Week 16 victory over the Redskins. "At the same time, you’re still working hard and pushing."

Romo, 34, had back surgery in December to repair a herniated disk. It was his second back surgery in eight months and raised questions about his future.

The Cowboys, though, didn't draft a quarterback earlier this month, passing on Johnny Manziel among others. They have kept faith in their franchise quarterback, who plans to reward them by returning to form.

"I just think what happens out on the field speaks volumes about everything," Romo said. "I don’t go out to do anything other than to get myself healthy and play the best football that I can and leave everything I can on the field. When I’m done with the Dallas Cowboys, I promise I will have left my entire body with that team. That’s the way you want it to be. That’s why you chase after, you’re so committed to what you’re going. It’s important."

Romo intends for his career to last a lot longer.

"I think I’m going to play for a lot longer," he said. "I know it’s a big discussion when you’re coming back from surgery, but the same token, I wouldn’t be surprised if I played another five or six years, either.”

-- Charean Williams

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Thank you, Jerry.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I cannot describe how few fucks I really give.

Top Bottom