The Olympic Games Thread

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Anyone tuning in to the Winter Olympics?

I know they say the Olympic games have dropped in popularity, I for one love them. Summer, Winter....doesn't matter to me. It's an excuse to be all 'MURICA!

For those of you who like hockey, what are the US's chances in these games? The only time I really watch hockey is during the Olympics, and it was cool watching them get to the gold medal game the last time.

D

Deuce

Anyone tuning in to the Winter Olympics?

I know they say the Olympic games have dropped in popularity, I for one love them. Summer, Winter....doesn't matter to me. It's an excuse to be all 'MURICA!

For those of you who like hockey, what are the US's chances in these games? The only time I really watch hockey is during the Olympics, and it was cool watching them get to the gold medal game the last time.
US is good at hockey, but Canada and Russia are favorites.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
US is good at hockey, but Canada and Russia are favorites.
I know enough about hockey to know that those two that you mentioned usually are the favorites, but what are our chances?

If I'm not mistaken, our team was considered pretty average at the last Olympics but ended up overachieving. Is that correct?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
This Olympic games is going to be a mess.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
:yawnee

The most interesting thing to me about these Olympics are the horrible hotel accommodations people are tweeting about.

Cotton

Staff member

The most interesting thing to me about these Olympics are the horrible hotel accommodations people are tweeting about.
And the showers have teh cameras!

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

:lol

The luge/bobsled and skiing events are always interesting......to me, at least.

D

Deuce

I know enough about hockey to know that those two that you mentioned usually are the favorites, but what are our chances?

If I'm not mistaken, our team was considered pretty average at the last Olympics but ended up overachieving. Is that correct?
We overachieved because we were young and people didn't know what to expect, but a lot of those players have also won Stanley Cups in the last 4 years too. Our talent is legit. We should medal just whether we can take down one of the giants.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I don't like that professionals play. Whether in hockey, basketball, or whatever.

Beating the big, bad Soviets and then winning gold wouldn't have quite the luster to it if we had been using professionals in '80.

D

Deuce

I don't like that professionals play. Whether in hockey, basketball, or whatever.

Beating the big, bad Soviets and then winning gold wouldn't have quite the luster to it if we had been using professionals in '80.
I agree with you, but other countries use pro's while we still used amateurs. That wasn't fair.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Really no interest at all in the Winter Olympics. Like the Summer Olympics.

D

Deuce

Really no interest at all in the Winter Olympics. Like the Summer Olympics.
I have less interest in the Winter than Summer, but I do like a few events and then of course the national pride. I liked it better before all the X Games events were added.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I have less interest in the Winter than Summer, but I do like a few events and then of course the national pride. I liked it better before all the X Games events were added.
Yea, I am not a fan of those X games events being part of the Olympics either.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Kbrown

Not So New Member
There's been a disturbing lack of "In Soviet Russia" jokes coming out of this situation.

Cotton

Staff member
Nothing like ice cream in the ass to start your day.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Like I said, the Sochi FAIL is more interesting than the games themselves...

Top Bottom