TV Thread

junk

Not So New Member
Lost will always be my favorite, but basically seasons 4-5 dragged on. It was almost like they did not think it would last as long as it did, so they made shit up to fill it out until the end.
That show was an all-timer up until they were like oh, shit...we didn't think it would last this long.

I still remember trying to figure out the Dharma connections and stuff, and when it was all said and done, we got Bobby Ewing in the shower.
I need to go rewatch at least the first season of Lost. I still think that first season holds up as good as show I've watched. It just kind of fell apart after that as they got wrapped up in all the mysteries and realized they didn't have any way to pull it all together in a cohesive manner.

I still think the original plan was that the island was Purgatory, but once people guessed that, they went another direction. But, so what if people guessed it? That would have been a helluva show. A cast of flawed characters with one last shot at redemption. Their "death" on the island (and where they went after) would have been based upon how they acted on the island.

The Sopranos, Breaking Bad, The Wire.....those are pretty much the gold standard at this point.

D

Deuce

I need to go rewatch at least the first season of Lost. I still think that first season holds up as good as show I've watched. It just kind of fell apart after that as they got wrapped up in all the mysteries and realized they didn't have any way to pull it all together in a cohesive manner.

I still think the original plan was that the island was Purgatory, but once people guessed that, they went another direction. But, so what if people guessed it? That would have been a helluva show. A cast of flawed characters with one last shot at redemption. Their "death" on the island (and where they went after) would have been based upon how they acted on the island.

The Sopranos, Breaking Bad, The Wire.....those are pretty much the gold standard at this point.
The Wire is perfection. Each season is so different from the previous, yet it still maintains the quality.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
BB dwarfs Lost.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
But, to be fair, I hated how Lost ended, and I have held a grudge ever since.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I liked Lost because it had so many...for lack of a better word...mystical qualities to it. The Others...the smoke monster...Dharma initiative...shit like that.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
I feel like I need LT to acknowledge that there's more Breaking Bad to watch. I'm worried that he's going to go on with his life without having seen the ending. This bothers me for some reason. :lol :unsure

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
The Wire is perfection. Each season is so different from the previous, yet it still maintains the quality.
That's one of the things that made that show so great....that each season focused on a different issue, and some of them being real life issues in Baltimore.

The Barksdale/Stringer story was great, but I was a big fan if season 4 that focused on the kids and Baltimore's shitty school system.

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
I feel like I need LT to acknowledge that there's more Breaking Bad to watch. I'm worried that he's going to go on with his life without having seen the ending. This bothers me for some reason. :lol :unsure
:lol

Same.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Tell me where to watch it so my life can be complete.

D

Deuce

That's one of the things that made that show so great....that each season focused on a different issue, and some of them being real life issues in Baltimore.

The Barksdale/Stringer story was great, but I was a big fan if season 4 that focused on the kids and Baltimore's shitty school system.
The school season was the best for me as well. Plus just watching the evolution of the careers of the cops throughout the seasons was another small thing which kept the show interesting.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
You're only half way through season 5. There are 8 more episodes, they just aren't on Netflix yet.
Oh crap. So you are saying season 5 isn't complete? Is there a season 6? I have been bouncing in and out of this thread but I went back and read all the posts. Feel like a dumb ass. Nuff said from me or anyone else. Zip it.

Last edited:
D

Deuce

I envy LT for one reason in regards to BB

In his world, Hank is still alive. :cry

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
EZ set me up on the BB series. I am contemplating revenge or forgiveness.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Contacting No. Dak about sniper gear and well head dimensions.

D

Deuce

Speaking of BB, someone created one of those FB videos for Walter White. The comments are great.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
It always catches me off guard when I hear Andrew Lincoln's real voice. I'm so used to him using that American/southern accent.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It always catches me off guard when I hear Andrew Lincoln's real voice. I'm so used to him using that American/southern accent.
I think Maggie is British too. Weird.

That fucking sucked seeing Herschel's head.

Top Bottom