2013 Schedule Release Chatter

Carp

DCC 4Life
Didn't they ask the Orioles to move the game from the evening to the afternoon. I don't see why that was a big issue for the Orioles. Maybe I'm looking at it too simplistically.
Well, you would have one crowd leaving and another coming in...then if the game went long or extra innings that would just be a real nightmare. I get wanting to celebrate in your city, but they can do it the following week. I really don't think it should be a given for the Super Bowl winner to get the primetime opener. I'd rather watch Pats/Broncos this year as the opener.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I understand, but as I mentioned in my previous post, MLB is constantly tweaking and adjusting their schedule throughout the year as they work around weather. Something could have been worked out, IMO.

On the surface it appears that MLB was just being a dick about this.
MLB has had their schedule out for a long time and have a shit ton more games. They also have to work around rain outs and whatnot during the course of the year...the NFL is king, but that doesn't mean other pro sports need to bend over and take it from them.

For example...the NFL now spread the draft out in primetime when the NBA is in their playoffs...that is kind of a dick move IMO.

Carl

RIP Brother
Right, but that's the only one in our last 6 finales that we've played at home.

That's not very balanced or fair.
I think we get screwed at the front and back end, because we often have 3 home games in a row over thanksgiving. Personally, I would take a home game on the last day of the season over a home game the week before Thanksgiving.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
This is my biggest concern as well. I'm tired of seeing the Cowboys have to finish up the season on the road against a rabid rival fan base. It would be nice if we finally had one of those "win or go home" games in our own backyard.

They'd probably still choke, but still.....
I agree with this entire post, but especially the bolded part.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I'd rather have a home closer than opener...last years Giants win was one fo the more enjoyable wins in recent years.
Agreed. Especially with our division opponents all in cold weather sites.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Agreed. Especially with our division opponents all in cold weather sites.
Yeah...then particularly if the upkeep of the field is like Fed Ex ast year...which was just embarassing.

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
If I were the Orioles or MLB I'd tell the NFL to F off.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Rumors are that the Giants come to Dallas for week 1 on SNF.

I wish we were playing during the day and against someone else, but at least we'll get a home game for once.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
Rumors are that the Giants come to Dallas for week 1 on SNF.

I wish we were playing during the day and against someone else, but at least we'll get a home game for once.

About fucking time.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Awesome...opener and closer at home. I like our early schedule...I have us going 15-1.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Awesome...opener and closer at home. I like our early schedule...I have us going 15-1.
:lol

Yea, this will be the first time since 1998 that we open and close at home in the same season.

Top Bottom