2013 College Football chatter....

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deuce

Already hearing a lot of "Bama didn't want to be there" excuses.

For a team that "didn't want to be there" their coaches and players sure were fired up and competing hard. I saw a ton of fist pumps and intense reactions from Bama players and coaches. So obviously the game meant something to them and they weren't just going through the motions.
That's the built in SEC excuse for their teams that make BCS games but don't get to the National Championship. Louisville heard the same stuff from FL fans last year.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member

Bama fans running to their car to cry after Oklahoma snatched their chain.

1bigfan13

Staff member
That's the built in SEC excuse for their teams that make BCS games but don't get to the National Championship. Louisville heard the same stuff from FL fans last year.
What makes it sound even sillier is that they were playing Oklahoma. Oklahoma's expectations are just as high as Alabama's. We're a championship or bust school as well.

I'm quite sure the Oklahoma players would rather be playing in the title game as well. Playing for championships is an expectation when you come to Oklahoma. Knight sort of mentioned that last night when he said they have bigger goals in mind going into next year.

So I don't want to hear the Bama didn't want to be there BS.

Last edited:

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Already hearing a lot of "Bama didn't want to be there" excuses.

For a team that "didn't want to be there" their coaches and players sure were fired up and competing hard. I saw a ton of fist pumps and intense reactions from Bama players and coaches. So obviously the game meant something to them and they weren't just going through the motions.
The SEC has certainly looked like a conference that was overrated this year. Even in the bowl games that SEC has won this year it has been by marginal amounts against lower ranked opponents.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
What makes it sound even sillier is that they were playing Oklahoma. Oklahoma's expectations are just as high as Alabama's. We're a championship or bust school as well.

I'm quite sure the Oklahoma players would rather be playing in the title game as well. Playing for championships is an expectation when you come to Oklahoma. Knight sort of mentioned that last night when he said they have bigger goals in mind going into next year.

So I don't want to hear the Bama didn't want to be there BS.
Yeah. All the commentators are just trying to hedge their pre game SEC and Sabin worship rhetoric. They know they look like a bunch of diarrhea mouths now. They were exposed for their knee jerk predictions. Holtz said before the game that Alabama was without question the best team in the nation. After the game he said this team was inferior to previous Alabama teams because of their poor OL,pass rush , protection and secondary. How then does that make them the best team in the nation?

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
How is that? Even at 2 losses I don't think Bama falls behind us. OU definitely would have.

The only thing that help is that Baylor killed OU and then OU dominated Bama. But pollsters don't like to go that deep.
Exactly. You beat a team that beat OU. That absolutely strengthens your quality of win.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Yeah. All the commentators are just trying to hedge their pre game SEC and Sabin worship rhetoric. They know they look like a bunch of diarrhea mouths now. They were exposed for their knee jerk predictions. Holtz said before the game that Alabama was without question the best team in the nation. After the game he said this team was inferior to previous Alabama teams because of their poor OL,pass rush , protection and secondary. How then does that make them the best team in the nation?

Even gramps is getting in on the sec smack!

So far I'm loving the bowl season. If Aggroids would have lost it would have been perfect.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The SEC clearly is not as good as it was a few years ago but I also think Florida and Alabama definitely lacked motivation in these past two Sugar Bowls.

D

Deuce

Technically you can be inferior in all those phases to previous Alabama teams and still be the best in the nation. Past Alabama teams were a machine.

But I do love watching Saban lose, especially 2 in a row. He becomes such a whiner and loses that stoic personality when he does.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Technically you can be inferior in all those phases to previous Alabama teams and still be the best in the nation. Past Alabama teams were a machine.

But I do love watching Saban lose, especially 2 in a row. He becomes such a whiner and loses that stoic personality when he does.
But "technically" can't be the best team in the nation if two other teams beat you. The "Inferior" mumbo jumbo was just Holtz trying to cover his prior braggadousous ramblings.

1bigfan13

Staff member

I think I even heard Saban drop the "teams get up to play us" line. :lol

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I think I even heard Saban drop the "teams get up to play us" line. :lol
I also heard Sabin say before the game that there's nothing wrong with being number two. Presumptuous I would say.

D

Deuce

But "technically" can't be the best team in the nation if two other teams beat you. The "Inferior" mumbo jumbo was just Holtz trying to cover his prior braggadousous ramblings.
Well he "technically" made that comment when they were still a one loss team.

As for Holtz, he speaks the gospel. He's the only person to pick UCF to win against Baylor. Respekt.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Well he "technically" made that comment when they were still a one loss team.

As for Holtz, he speaks the gospel. He's the only person to pick UCF to win against Baylor. Respekt.
So you can be the best with a one loss record and others have perfect records? Holtz is a jabber jaw who thinks he is the epitome of pundits. His claim was based on SEC bias.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Stoops is laying down the SEC smack on Cowherd.

(stolen from somewhere else)

On Colin Cowherd.
Main points:
1. Bottom half of SEC blows 0-36 against top half.
2. Two teams that didn't dominate the big 12 doing pretty well in their conference.
3. We just showed that we can beat your conference

D

Deuce

So you can be the best with a one loss record and others have perfect records? Holtz is a jabber jaw who thinks he is the epitome of pundits. His claim was based on SEC bias.
Talent wise, absolutely.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
:lol

If she was a man she would have gotten her ass beat.

1bigfan13

Staff member
She came flying off the top rope like Super Fly Snuka

That's a ride or die chick. If I ever attend a game in Philly I want her with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom