2013 College Football chatter....

Status
Not open for further replies.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I knew that win over Alabama would give our recruiting a needed boost.

:towel

------------------------------------------------
Five-star running back Joe Mixon commits to Oklahoma

NORMAN — Oklahoma’s Sugar Bowl victory over No. 3 Alabama continues to pay dividends, as the Sooners picked up a commitment Saturday from five-star running back Joe Mixon.

Mixon — the nation’s No. 1 all-purpose back according to Rivals — announced his pick during the U.S. Army All-American Game in San Antonio. He chose the Sooners over UCLA, Wisconsin and California.

Mixon, from Oakley, Calif., is the second running back commitment for OU in its 2014 recruiting class, joining four-star back Samaje Perine from Pflugerville, Texas.

Mixon (6-foot-2, 207 pounds) has a chance to earn immediate playing time with the Sooners, who lose senior backs Brennan Clay and Roy Finch next season.

1bigfan13

Staff member
We also got a commitment from a 4 star DT on Friday.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
I knew that win over Alabama would give our recruiting a needed boost.

:towel

------------------------------------------------
Five-star running back Joe Mixon commits to Oklahoma

NORMAN — Oklahoma’s Sugar Bowl victory over No. 3 Alabama continues to pay dividends, as the Sooners picked up a commitment Saturday from five-star running back Joe Mixon.

Mixon — the nation’s No. 1 all-purpose back according to Rivals — announced his pick during the U.S. Army All-American Game in San Antonio. He chose the Sooners over UCLA, Wisconsin and California.

Mixon, from Oakley, Calif., is the second running back commitment for OU in its 2014 recruiting class, joining four-star back Samaje Perine from Pflugerville, Texas.

Mixon (6-foot-2, 207 pounds) has a chance to earn immediate playing time with the Sooners, who lose senior backs Brennan Clay and Roy Finch next season.
Watch him pull his commitment once Stoops takes the Cleveland job. :unsure

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
A highlight of last night's game.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Watch him pull his commitment once Stoops takes the Cleveland job. :unsure
Hey! Don't even joke about that. I don't care if Stoops leaves, I've been begging for some new blood for years. But dammit we need this RB. This guy is our best RB recruit since Adrian Peterson.

Probably our best recruit period since DeMarco Murray in 2007.

D

Deuce

UCF flipped a DT who was committed to Ole Miss. Since I know its important to skid, he had offers from multiple SEC and ACC teams including UF and Miami.

But one reason why our commit list is lacking offers from FL's big 3 is cause 8 of our 14 commits are from GA.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Ahhhh college football...where proving people wrong is the top proirity.

Touché deuce tou-freakin-ché

dallen

Senior Tech
UCF flipped a DT who was committed to Ole Miss. Since I know its important to skid, he had offers from multiple SEC and ACC teams including UF and Miami.

But one reason why our commit list is lacking offers from FL's big 3 is cause 8 of our 14 commits are from GA.
:towel Steal a few more of their players

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Dallen, you've been extremely quiet on the Arky smack. Come on I know you've got something.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Btw, the big florida football schools are real worried about ucf now since you guys are their competitors. I sent out an email informing them that you are hot on their heels. Jimbo Fisher was in a real uproar about the whole situation.

D

Deuce

Btw, the big florida football schools are real worried about ucf now since you guys are their competitors. I sent out an email informing them that you are hot on their heels. Jimbo Fisher was in a real uproar about the whole situation.
Believe me, they may not be real worried right now but they aren't happy. Especially with stuff like this popping up in papers throughout the state. This is from Pensacola, exactly our home turf.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member

Well that sucks. With him out that'll drop one less player to us.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Or it gives us one extra potential QB to draft next year with our top 10 pick.
That's basically how I see it. I really don't think we'll be looking for a QB in this year's draft because Jerry won't be able to justify it to himself, Romo injury or not. But, if Romo's injury proves truly serious and possibly career threatening, then he'd be motivated to do something in 2015. But we all know that he'll wait for something to play out in the 2014 season first. He won't do a god damned thing until the need for a QB becomes a heaping dumpster fire, and it's not anywhere near that yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom