NBA Chatter Thread

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The Bulls tank is going real strong, they've been racking up losses to some of the worst teams in the league lately against Orlando, Milwaukee, Utah and Toronto, and they damn near had 2 losses against Milwaukee if not for a last second basket. Now the schedule is going to toughen up with games against Houston, OKC, Dallas and the like. With Deron back in Brooklyn and assuming the Knicks bounce back to some extent once Chandler returns, we could have something here.

If they just give up and trade/shut down Hinrich and then move Deng, Boozer or someone of the like, we legitimately might end up with a top 5-7 pick.

Carl

RIP Brother
The Bulls tank is going real strong, they've been racking up losses to some of the worst teams in the league lately against Orlando, Milwaukee, Utah and Toronto, and they damn near had 2 losses against Milwaukee if not for a last second basket. Now the schedule is going to toughen up with games against Houston, OKC, Dallas and the like. With Deron back in Brooklyn and assuming the Knicks bounce back to some extent once Chandler returns, we could have something here.

If they just give up and trade/shut down Hinrich and then move Deng, Boozer or someone of the like, we legitimately might end up with a top 5-7 pick.
There is a lot of talk in LA right now, of Gasol and Steve Blake to Bulls for Deng and Boozer. Not sure what you think of that. Both Blake and Gasol are on expiring contracts I think.

Smitty

DCC 4Life

We could end up with a top 7 pick anyway, the way things are going. Once you get behind Cleveland and out of the playoffs, you drop all the way to 9, due to all the non-playoff teams in the west having better records.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
There is a lot of talk in LA right now, of Gasol and Steve Blake to Bulls for Deng and Boozer. Not sure what you think of that. Both Blake and Gasol are on expiring contracts I think.
I feel like I'd do that if the Lakers toss in a first at some point.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Actually, scratch that. With the loss last night, Bulls are now out of the 8th seed. They are in the lottery. They are tied with the Cavs for 8th worst record. So depending on a tiebreaker, they would pick 8th or 9th.

And you feel like the Cavs and Nets are gonna make a push at some point, maybe the Knicks too.

Knock that shit down to 6th! We want Exum!

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
It's just re-arranging deck chairs but Deng is the only valuable piece in that trade as the rest of it is just shifting around money, and we aren't really receiving any value because Boozer can be amnestied at the end of the year. The only value is saving cash from Reinsdorf's pocket.

I wouldn't hate it simply because it enhances the tank but I think we should be able to coax a 1st rounder out of the Lakers for it, which I'd take in an instant. No matter what happens I just don't want the Bulls to try to win games, I don't want them to bring in anybody who could screw this up where we maybe sneak into the 7th or 8th spot.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I'll be in San Antonio this weekend watching the Thunder destroy the Spurs. :towel

As an aside, the Thunder will be more than happy to assist the Bulls in their pursuit of the top draft choice. I'm calling for a 20 point beat down on Thursday night. No amount of defensive hustle or Thibodeau scheming can prevent the inevitable.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Yes, if Bulls don't make the playoffs they'll get a nice pick because of the stacked West.

The Sixers are sitting pretty and are in full tank mode. 3rd worst record in the league and dropping fast.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I'll be in San Antonio this weekend watching the Thunder destroy the Spurs. :towel

As an aside, the Thunder will be more than happy to assist the Bulls in their pursuit of the top draft choice. I'm calling for a 20 point beat down on Thursday night. No amount of defensive hustle or Thibodeau scheming can prevent the inevitable.
Awesome, win for both of us.

1bigfan13

Staff member
That was a good game between the Pacers & Heat last night. I think the teams are even and when the playoffs roll around whoever has home court will win that series.

Sucks that Hibbert got hit with those ticky-tack fouls but the Pacers still had a 15 point 3rd quarter lead that they gave away rather quickly.

I thought Paul George played too passively. He finished with nice numbers but there were several times in the 2nd half where he needed to make a play and he allowed the defense to easily trap him and take him out of the play.

He's got to get better in that area, IMO, especially in big games against a hated rival.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Kobe out 6 weeks with a fractured bone in his knee.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Lakers would be better off missing the playoff this year.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Deng out for a few games, Jimmy Butler on crutches, this is all going quite swimmingly.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Did you guys see where Perkins kicked Noah out of the OKC locker room?

Noah was in there after the game, chilling and talking to Sefalosha when Perk gave him the boot.

Both guys (Noah and Sefalosha) should have known better. You don't go into the opponent's locker room. That's one of those unwritten rules that spans all sports.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
The Mavs are only 4 games above .500, yet they somehow have beaten the Rockets twice and Portland on the road.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Did you guys see where Perkins kicked Noah out of the OKC locker room?

Noah was in there after the game, chilling and talking to Sefalosha when Perk gave him the boot.

Both guys (Noah and Sefalosha) should have known better. You don't go into the opponent's locker room. That's one of those unwritten rules that spans all sports.
Did anyone ask anyone for an autograph?

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Man, how about that Xmas slate of day games? :zzz

Bulls vs Nets, OKC vs Knicks, Miami vs Lakers.

Bulls and Nets are both horrible.

OKC is an attraction, but the game itself vs one of the worst teams in the league isn't very appealing.

And Miami going to an already bad Lakers team with no Kobe isn't going to be very interesting.

I know they put this schedule together with what they thought these teams would be, but I said it before when this schedule was announced that it should have been Miami vs Indiana instead of this old and crappy Lakers team.

OKC vs San Antonio/Houston/Memphis/LAC would also have been 10 times better than going against the Knicks.

At least the night games are solid.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Obviously market size played a huge role when deciding which teams got Christmas games.

The biggest shock is that the Pacers didn't get a Christmas game. They were in the ECF and pushed the Heat to 7 games. You'd think the league would have slid them into one of the games.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Those uniforms in the OKC/Knicks game are horrendous.....especially those Knicks orange eye sores.

Top Bottom