Packers at Cowboys | Week 15 Gameday Chatter Thread | 12/15/13

Cowboy Hank

Brand New Member
How is anyone surprised that Garrett is incompetent? That was confirmed when he made his first incompetent decision: "Why yes, I'll take the head coaching job at Dallas. I can work with Jerry Jones and make this a Super Bowl team." And it's all been downhill from there.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
You know, as shitty a coach as Dave Campo was, does anybody remember him screwing the pooch as bad as the debacle we witnessed yesterday?

7+ yards a carry. 23 point lead. Seven. Fucking. Carries.

Campo is shaking his head and laughing at Garrett this morning.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
WE SET A NEW RECORD!!! WOOT!

Per AdamJT...

Since 1940, NFL teams are now 440-1 when leading by at least 23 points at halftime and finishing with at least 36 points.

They were 440-0 before today.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
You know, as shitty a coach as Dave Campo was, does anybody remember him screwing the pooch as bad as the debacle we witnessed yesterday?

But he's not "utterly incompetent". So we have that going for us....which is nice.

D

Deuce

I said it last week and Schmidty just laughed. Campo sucked as hard as possible, but at least he was smart at times to not completely lose games for his team. He made bad calls at times and was handed a about as shitty a hand as a coach can get in terms of talent to work with. But Garrett has proven time and again just about much worse he is.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
If that's the case, give me a scenario where he made a key coaching decision that looked competent. I honestly can't think of one this season.
Look, I'm not trying to argue about Garrett here, you guys are on the warpath. If I try to argue previous examples, I'm the one who will end up banned. I was just responding to NoDak saying that "I'll have an excuse for him."

I don't have one, for yesterday, nor do I think he deserves one. It was awful.

But it's possible to think he did a horrible job yesterday and still not agree with the claim that he's "utterly incompetent." That's all I'm saying.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
How is anyone surprised that Garrett is incompetent? That was confirmed when he made his first incompetent decision: "Why yes, I'll take the head coaching job at Dallas. I can work with Jerry Jones and make this a Super Bowl team." And it's all been downhill from there.
:lol

Touche.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
A bunch of the Cowboys are at a children's hospital this morning:

That kid needs to Takmina his ass.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I went back and looked at the play by play of the game. Holy Christ, don't do that. It will only serve to piss you off even more. Even some of the series in the first half. Inexcusable is the only word that is fitting.
Yup.

Go back through this thread and you'll see me bitching about the play calling in the 2nd quarter because I could already see where this was going.

Cowboy Hank

Brand New Member
Yup.

Go back through this thread and you'll see me bitching about the play calling in the 2nd quarter because I could already see where this was going.
I tweeted before the game started that if anyone wanted to see the Cowboys running game they better not miss the first quarter. Sometimes I truly hate being right.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Per AdamJT...
I wish I could completely erase 2006-2013 from the record books.

I wish this group of Cowboys never existed.

It could be like the Cleveland Browns who just didn't exist for a few years.

All the Tony Romo Cowboys have done is bring shame and humiliation to what was once a proud franchise.....and for that reason, I hate them more than I ever have any Redskins, Eagles, or Giants team.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

The only game I remember him truly screwing up was the 2002 game vs the 49ers where we didn't go for it on 4th down because Bruce Coslett "didn't have a 4th down play".

That game is what threw Jerry over the edge and got Campo fired.

I hope yesterday's debacle results in the same for Garrett.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I just noticed that trailing all game the Packers (the pass happy Packers mind you) ran it more times than the Cowboys.

dallen

Senior Tech
I went back and looked at the play by play of the game. Holy Christ, don't do that. It will only serve to piss you off even more. Even some of the series in the first half. Inexcusable is the only word that is fitting.
I remember Buck commenting in the first half at one point that Murray had 7 runs for 80 yards and then we passed 11 plays in a row. We know the defense sucks. Thats on the GM. The offensive playcalling should have compensated for that fact. That's on the coach and the QB. And ultimately the coach for even giving the QB the option of passing that much

Bluestar71

Brand New Member
It's all on Garrett for not having the nutsack to step up and take control of the situation. If a player isn't following what the coaches want you see that he does or get him out of the game, and then deal with the dumb ass meddling owner later.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Fun little stat. We were 2-9 on 3rd downs. The 2 we did convert were only gained because of penalties by GB. :lol

D

Deuce

Fun little stat. We were 2-9 on 3rd downs. The 2 we did convert were only gained because of penalties by GB. :lol
I don't think that's true. The 3rd down conversion to Bryant just before Romo threw the pick didn't have a penalty.

Top Bottom