2014 College Football Chatter...

Status
Not open for further replies.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I'm watching the Oklahoma spring game now. Honestly I don't know whether to be really impressed with the Sooners defense or to be worried about our offense.
The spring games are a lot like preseason games. You can't totally trust the results. You may pick up some glaring problems but I try not to get too up or too down about it. Matter of fact, I try not to get too up or down until conference play stars but that is the life of a red raider. I'm like the woman who has been cheated on and possibly raped a few times...never trust your heart to any one team.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I'm watching the Oklahoma spring game now. Honestly I don't know whether to be really impressed with the Sooners defense or to be worried about our offense.
I'm still not convinced that your QB is going to be consistent though. He is very talented though so who knows.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I read that article, it was very interesting. Of course I've thought that people who hold the illusion of "amateur athletics" dear to their heart are complete idiots for a while now so there's that.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I read that article, it was very interesting. Of course I've thought that people who hold the illusion of "amateur athletics" dear to their heart are complete idiots for a while now so there's that.
I started as an NFL fan so I always considered the idea of mandatory "amateur" athletics ridiculous.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I started as an NFL fan so I always considered the idea of mandatory "amateur" athletics ridiculous.
Agreed, it's also probably why we can see through the nonsense whereas there are still plenty of people out there, presumably primarily college football fans, who delude themselves into believing in the "amateurism" of it all.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Tech could very well end up with a monster class this year. I dang sure am hoping so.

So far we have the #1 dual threat QB in the country committed and just got some big news now that Breiden Fehoko committed.

Also, Mike Mitchell and 5 star transfer from OSU was in town having a really good time this weekend. The kid is an incredible beast of a player. His dad is sick and he wants to be back in Texas. http://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/player-Mike-Mitchell-133392

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
TTU will no doubt win the national championship this year. Vincent Testaverde Jr is coming as a preferred walk-on.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
What is the preferred part?

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
What is the preferred part?
Preferred walk-on status indicates that a team wants you as bad as a scholly player but cannot give you one yet. You get everything that regular players get with the exception of free tuition. Most of the time you see PWO players get their scholly in year two.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
:lol I know this video is going to get some thumbs down, not from me though. Brilliance is how I would describe it. The chubby girl don't give a damn and I can respect that.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
:lol I know this video is going to get some thumbs down, not from me though. Brilliance is how I would describe it. The chubby girl don't give a damn and I can respect that.
Yeah, that was pretty cool

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Tech could very well end up with a monster class this year. I dang sure am hoping so.

So far we have the #1 dual threat QB in the country committed and just got some big news now that Breiden Fehoko committed.

Also, Mike Mitchell and 5 star transfer from OSU was in town having a really good time this weekend. The kid is an incredible beast of a player. His dad is sick and he wants to be back in Texas. http://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/player-Mike-Mitchell-133392

Mike Mitchell is a Red Raider! Damn I'm super stoked about this class so far. Lots of big time players are cutting it up over Tech and possibly signing.

Kliff and staff have proven to be relentless on the recruiting trail. Having no fear and going after big prospects hasn't been a problem. It is good to see good representation for the school so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom