Packers at Cowboys | Week 15 Gameday Chatter Thread | 12/15/13

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
It's not about letting the defense off the hook, it's about understanding that the defense was on the field far too long as a result of our offensive staff completely abandoning the run.

That is why Garrett is the main culprit for this loss. There's no way to argue that unless you just want to be defiant.
It's being a good coach making the best of what you have. Garrett is too fucking stupid to figure out that he can't let his defense get overexposed. He has no feel whatsoever for how to manage a game. None. He's blown countless games over the years because he is so fucking clueless on the sidelines.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
That Romo pick on the drive that gave up the lead....hell, this game was a microcosm of his season.

His accuracy this season has been total shit, especially on deep balls and crossing routes.

Miles did have his man beat but Romo threw it behind as he has all season long, and it allowed the Packers to pick it.

He missed FOUR deep balls for scores to Dez.

He's on the decline and we just signed him to 100 million dollar deal.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
1 defensive stop in the second half. He'll, just a drive where they allowed a FG, and we win.

Unbelievable.
The defense really is all time bad.

I mean, I thought we saw bad defense back in, what, 2011?

That was nothing compared to this.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
The catch-22 here is that he actually has to have someone to pin a collapse on, so he can make the next hire to come in and fix this mess, all so he can be the hero for making the next genius hire.
Since when has Jerry been concerned about making a genius hire? Switzer? Gailey? Campo? Phillips? Garrett? 5 of his last 6 HC hires were among the worst in league history. Only 1 or 2 would ever be considered by any other team in the league.

Ever since Jimmy, Jerry has been all about wanting to be seen as the GM/architect of the team and getting credit for winning a championship. It wasn't good enough to win with Jimmy getting the credit. It hasn't been good enough to just be the one making the genius hire over the last 20 years, hence the bottom of the barrel hires he's made time after time since Jimmy left.

No reason to think now he'll suddenly give up control and hire a solid NFL caliber HC. While I want Garrett gone yesterday, I have no delusions we'll bring in an accomplished replacement.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
That Romo pick on the drive that gave up the lead....hell, this game was a microcosm of his season.

His accuracy this season has been total shit, especially on deep balls and crossing routes.

Miles did have his man beat but Romo threw it behind as he has all season long, and it allowed the Packers to pick it.

He missed FOUR deep balls for scores to Dez.

He's on the decline and we just signed him to 100 million dollar deal.
Yup.

Austin was out in front of his guy and Romo underthrew it. Just like Romo underthrew Dez on the deep ball.

Romo has not been good.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I will say this...Dez cannot walk off the field like that.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
In garrets post game he stated BC was still calling the plays and during the last int they called a run play Romeo just checked out of it. What a joke this team is.
Ok, well about not running the ball for the rest of the half?

What is his excuse for completely abandoning the run then? Did Romo audible on every fucking play for the half?

Bullshit. They didn't run because this red headed asshole couldn't give two shits about running the ball.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
You're right, but he's done with the losing and more, he's done with the meltdowns.

He can't take it and I don't blame him.

data

Forbes #1
Oh, yeah, sure. The defense isn't cold though. You mean the defense was hurt by the offense not letting it rest, yeah, I agree.
So you enjoy discussing the semantics of 'cold', just like 'can vs will'.

Well, 'cold' offense is different than an offense 'out of rhythm.' A defense cannot be a significant help to an offense 'get into rhythm'.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Honestly, I just think that Garrett is a fag.

Plain and simple.

He's a fag.

He talks a big game. Says the right things. Talks bravado. Talks process and blah.

Blah blah, fuckity blah blah blah blah.

But he lacks balls. Plain and simple.
I don't disagree, but whatever balls he might have were chopped off by Jones.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Yeah, he shouldn't do that, but can you blame him for being frustrated? I can't.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
If Romo checked out...it is clear that no matter how much money he is paid...no matter how much of a mandate he was given by the owner, there needs to be control on him.

Personally, I wish he would just go away. But like other irritating players, thanks to Jerry, they will continue.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I don't disagree, but whatever balls he might have were chopped off by Jones.
I refuse to believe Jones was calling down to the field and suggesting he keep passing.

It is Garrett's issue if he can't deal with the pressure.

Carp

DCC 4Life
You're right, but he's done with the losing and more, he's done with the meltdowns.

He can't take it and I don't blame him.
There is no excuse...he wants to be a leader and leaders don't leave the field. I'm not going to harp on it, but him being tired of losing is a gay excuse.

Clff15701

DCC 4Life
Dunno I like to know how many plays Tony changes. The inmates are running the prison in Dallas.

Top Bottom