Good or bad?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Ed Werder ‏@Edwerderespn 2h
Source says Tony Romo will have influence in game plans, personnel and play-calling. He will game plan with coaches Mondays and Tuesdays

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Gotta love this team.

Hey, make Tony Romo copy Peyton Manning.

Hey, let's copy Seattle's defense.

Hey, let's copy the Pat's offense.

Then the next successful scheme will come along, hey, let's copy that.

Remember the days when we were the innovators?

You don't if you don't have a couple of gray hairs, at least.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Tony Romo is going to have a say in personnel. Think about that.

It's better than Jerry at least.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Tony Romo is going to have a say in personnel. Think about that.

It's better than Jerry at least.
I dunno. Aikman was a better QB and he handpicked David LaFleur. Romo supposedly gave his blessing on Escobar and Williams.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I actually don't think it's all that bad of a thing. We certainly were at our most effective offensively last season when Romo was make decisions as opposed to the actual game plans.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
I think it's stupid. If the coaches are not capable of handling it without input from our qb (who is not Peyton Manning, btw) then we have the wrong coaches.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Ed Werder ‏@Edwerderespn 2h
Source says Tony Romo will have influence in game plans, personnel and play-calling. He will game plan with coaches Mondays and Tuesdays
If the draft results were any indication, Jerry paid no attention to his suggestions.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
I dunno. Aikman was a better QB and he handpicked David LaFleur. Romo supposedly gave his blessing on Escobar and Williams.
LaFleur busted due to chronic back problems, not a lack of talent or ability, though. Our current players bust because they can't even play. Huge difference.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
LaFleur busted due to chronic back problems, not a lack of talent or ability, though. Our current players bust because they can't even play. Huge difference.
LaFleur was not that great, even with a healthy back. He wasn't some special gem of a talent who coulda shoulda woulda were it not for his back.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
LaFleur was not that great, even with a healthy back. He wasn't some special gem of a talent who coulda shoulda woulda were it not for his back.
I'm not saying that he was, but he was an above average TE when healthy.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
As to input into game plans..........Yes the QB should be part of game planning. After all they are the ones who ultimately have to execute it.

GShock

DCC 4Life
Strum's breakdown was a pretty damning indictment of the offensive game planning ability last season. Nothing we planned for all week would work, so we'd have to resort to all Tony all the time, which would work, until it didn't.

Putting more of a burden on Romo not only gives the staff an undeserved pass, it doubles down on a strategy that has never worked.

Ever.

Genghis Khan

I think it's stupid. If the coaches are not capable of handling it without input from our qb (who is not Peyton Manning, btw) then we have the wrong coaches.

Well, yeah, we have the wrong coaches. That's beside the point, because we are stuck with them this year.

Genghis Khan

LaFleur should have been the poster child for never reaching for need again.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Gotta love this team.

Hey, make Tony Romo copy Peyton Manning.

Hey, let's copy Seattle's defense.

Hey, let's copy the Pat's offense.

Then the next successful scheme will come along, hey, let's copy that.

Remember the days when we were the innovators?

You don't if you don't have a couple of gray hairs, at least.
All those teams copied others to come up with their schemes. Pretty much every scheme in the history of football as been utilized, so if you are going to bitch about this, then bitch about every single team in the league.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
All those teams copied others to come up with their schemes. Pretty much every scheme in the history of football as been utilized, so if you are going to bitch about this, then bitch about every single team in the league.
Most teams have an identity or philosophy that they believe in, so when something new comes along they incorporate it into their system.

We totally switch gears at any given time and chase whatever the hell it is that Jerry's hot for at that moment.

In 20+ years of Jerry football, what would you say is his core football belief?

What leads him to success year in and year out?

Carp

DCC 4Life
I just don't see this as a valid complaint. Teams change philosophies all the time. A perfect example is the 49ers...they went through different systems...something like 7 different offensive coordinators in 7 years until they got it right.

Top Bottom